Chapter 23 : Run-Away

Rosalie's POV

I woke up to a shuffling in the living room. Wiping my sleepy eyes, a went to see what was going on and found Len trying to quietly open a window. "Len?" I whispered and he jumped, whirling around. "Rosalie.." he whispered relieved.

"what are you doing?"

"I- uh...I'm going outside.."

"What if mom and dad woke up while you were gone?" I asked, at first concerned, but then when his gaze shifted to the floor, I realized what he was actually doing. "You're running away.."

He hesitantly nodded.

"No, Len you can't! You can't leave us!" I whisper /yelled.

"Shh, Rosalie please," he begged me to be quiet. "You gotta try to understand, please, I'm not leaving you, I can try to visit if you want, please, please let me go though...I-I can't stay.."

"I should have known! I should have told mom and dad the second I knew! I should have known you'd try to leave me!" I didn't even bother keeping my voice down. Len backed up against the window. "No its not like that, its not, please don't yell," he glanced frantically at the hallway behind me.

"it is! You like Miku and Rin more then us so you're leaving! That's what's happening!"

"What's going on out here?" I heard dad's irritated voice behind me. Len started to cower against the window and tremble visibly. I couldn't find it in myself to care. "Len's trying to leave daddy! He's running away!"

Len's lips moved but no sound came out.

"Where do you think you're gonna go? Hm? You think anyone else will take you in?" dad's voice rose to a shout the closer he got to Len.

"He has friends daddy, he'd go to them." I said. I saw the fear in Len and anger in father, but I didn't want Len to leave. I knew I was selfish. I was so selfish...

(A/N : Eh, I'm pretty selfish when it comes to Len too. Just ask @Sweet_Yet_Salty , I've had us change to a different Len when I get tired of the current one so many times in role-play xD)

"and where did a brat like you go and get friends? I bet they're girls...some girls like guys who are more feminine—weak, like you." dad was so close to Len now, and started to reach for him, but Len sprang away just in time and started to run towards the front door, running past where mom and Roger watched in the hallway.

Dad spun around and quickly caught up, punching Len's head, but that gave Len a boost to the door instead of knocking him down. Len fumbled with the lock and pulled the door open, running outside before daddy could reach him.

Father cursed and went to chase him, but came home three hours later. Len had gotten away.

Now no one could sleep and everyone asked me about everything, asking if I knew where his friends houses were, which I didn't.

I felt kinda bad...I shouldn't have reacted the way I did...I should have helped Len get away...now he'd surely never want to come see me again...and I didn't blame him.

When I could, I went to Roger and I's room, locked the door, and cried.