Chapter 1, Lonely Len

I looked out the window and sighed. Ahh, to be a kid, running around outside, playing with friends.

"Len!" Came a call from the living room and I sighed. I wouldn't know the feeling.

I grabbed the coffee mug I had been making for mom. She had just woken up, and needed coffee. But, I was the one who had to make it for her. Like every day.

"Here you go mother!" I said, plastering a smile on my face. I had gotten so good at faking smiles...

"Well someone's in a good mood today!" She said, she takes the coffee from me and takes a sip. I really wasn't, I am lonely, I wanted out of the house. But I couldn't very well say that, could I?

No, mom would get mad...

"Yeah! The sun is shining... I was actually wondering if while you were gone I could go outside? You know, get some sun?"

Mom narrowed her eyes on me. I got scared. Why had I asked?

PLEASE don't hurt me...

I thought, a sinking feeling in my stomach. I knew my mom was mad at me for asking that...

"Why do you want outside? Do you not like it here? Do you not love your mother!" She screeched, slapping me across the face. I whimpered, it's not the worse I've gotten... I didn't know why I never learned not to ask.

"N-no, it's not that mother... I just get bored... Sorry for asking" I said, bowing my head, I had learned that was the best thing to do.

"You better be..." She muttered, leaving the room to get ready for work.

I sighed. I didn't want to stay here... Why were Roger and Rosalie allowed to leave the house, and not me? Why could I not have friends, or sunshine?

I didn't know, and I was scared to ask.