𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

"Father, I shall not marry him," I argued,

My father was the king of Toubetsu, a kingdom that prospers in every sense but not for him, at least not anymore.

He wanted to show that he was powerful and that was precisely why he was wanting me to marry not for love or happiness as a normal father would, but an alliance for money, power, and land.

Now, I love my father more than he could ever imagine and I could do anything for him even if it meant marrying for power but I would most certainly not marry a man of bad reputation or in this instance, the prince he is talking about.

"You have no say in this, Y/n. I have decided, there will be no excuses." He replied, sitting on his throne built with his desire for more.

"How can I not have a say in this, father? Am I not supposed to decide for myself, for what will keep me happy my whole life?" I asked him, tears welling up in my eyes to see that my father was ready to drown me if it meant good for him, he's changed so much...

"I always knew that you were naive but now you are proving yourself to be selfish and inconsiderate too."

"I am being selfish and inconsiderate? What about you then, aren't you willing to marry me off to a prince who is not only an abusive drunk and someone who doesn't respect women but a rapist and a cheat and—"

"—enough!" He yelled, standing up and cutting me off mid-sentence and making me flinch at his harsh tone.

"I will not hear any more of it, you are and will be marrying The Prince of Seosu in a week!" He yelled again, walking closer to me.

"But papa—" I pleaded, tears already falling from my eyes one after another.

"You're dismissed," he said, turning around and cutting me off yet again.

I wiped my eyes and stopped crying. I will not beg him, not now and not ever. He wasn't the loving father he was when Mama was alive, at this moment he was just a man desperate to show the world that he still has power. The father inside of him was blindly sleeping, succumbing to the desire of the man at the exterior.

"As you wish, your highness," I said before turning and walking out of the throne room.

I closed the doors upon reaching my room, heading inside to put a few walls between me and the others.

"Y/n? So, how did it go?" Asked Kyoka, she was one of my two ladies in waiting.

I have known her for all my life, she has always been there by my side, helping me and guiding me along with Momo, of course, my other lady in waiting. They have always been supportive of me, never asked me to do something that would make me unhappy. I am eternally grateful for having them in my life. Although right now, I did not want them to see me this way, a mess of tears and hair.

"Yes, Y/n. Tell us! I am sure he came through." Said Momo, excitement lacing her words.

I sighed as I turned around, giving in to the facade of strength I was putting on.

They both gasped as they saw my tear-stained face, red puffy eyes, and red nose. Worry coating their expressions. Oh, how I wish to take the worry away from them, they do not deserve it.

"Oh my god, what happened?" Kyoka said as she sprung up and hugged more tightly, Momo following suit.

I couldn't bear it any longer, so I cried. I cried and let it all out, all the pain, the suffering, the agony, everything.