𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖔| 𝔄 𝔓𝔦𝔯𝔞𝔱𝔢

I wandered around the port, smiling back at the strangers who smiled towards me. The atmosphere was energetic and welcoming, all types of people were welcomed here. There were two ports in Toubetsu, both of them huge and said to hold as many as twenty ships at a time. This was the North Port which was now used by the community outcasts due to the sudden intervention of the pirates. The pirates and outcasts were driven out of here, some even arrested for existing. The outcasts from all over the kingdom then protested, forcing the king, my father, to grant them access to the port completely. He wasn't going to give them the ports but mama had convinced him that it would gain him the support of the outcast community, which it did.

There were all sorts of people here, rules and regulations did not apply. There were unmarried ladies here that were kissing anybody they found interesting. A man, dressed in lady's clothing was flirting with other men, while two girls kissed each other. There were rounds of beers going on with gruff-looking men, a very strong woman fighting and defeating men with ease. A band performing in the background.

I smiled as I looked at the happy faces, everybody was being themselves and that made me happy. There were foreigners here too, from the other kingdoms, all mingling with everybody. They were free, free for doing whatever they want, whenever they want, and that only reminded me of the shackles that were placed on my hands for being born into royalty... People may believe that the royals found it easy, because of the money... We did, we had money but we were bound by this 'image' that we had to maintain and present ourselves as some people with no personality, just be polite and agree with anything, anybody says. Especially the royals that were female.

We had to maintain this persona, and bite back everything we had to say to not offend any other. We had to maintain our virtue or else no one would respect us whereas the men were allowed to throw their virtues out the window as soon as they saw someone remotely attractive.

We were forced to do everything for the kingdom and nothing for ourselves, we had to dedicate ourselves to the welfare of the kingdom rather than ourselves. I love Toubetsu, I really do, but on my terms, I care for my people and will do anything for them but marrying Matsumoto, would be bad for the kingdom as well as me. If it were the Crown Prince of Musutafu or Yokoshina, I would have said yes because I have heard a lot about the Princes and they were genuine and cared for their people.

Standing here, strengthened my decision and got rid of any and every doubts that I had. These people's happiness and lives were in my hand. Matsumoto would force them to abandon this and live a life of slavery and I would not let my people give up their happiness. It was in my hands to protect the future of my kingdom from being one of doom, and that would only be done by not marrying him and since that is not an option for my father, I had no choice but to run away.

I quickly started looking around, trying to find anyone who owns any of the ships.

I wandered around, checking out all the ships, they were rather simple than I imagined but one was rather beyond my expectations. It was huge.

I went a little bit closer to talk a proper look and was awestruck, the craftsmanship made it seem delicate but I knew it was strong. The wooden boards were glistening as the yellow light bounced off of them. It had many sails, that were black but they were currently tied up above. There were many ropes on there, thick and big. A large chain was extended from the ship and went underwater, it must be the anchor to hold it in place...

The sail near the crow's nest had a white dragon skull on a black. From what I have read, in Japanese traditions, a dragon skull represents balance, in life and death, good and evil, and every such thing.

Whoever selected it had put a lot of thought behind it and apparently were very keen on dragons. Shouts were coming from above, probably the deck, people were taking barrels of things up on the ship, restocking it.