𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊| 𝔎𝔦𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔪𝔞 𝔈𝔦𝔧𝔦𝔯𝔬

"You are not just a good friend of the captain, but the first mate. That is huge! How long have you known them?" I asked, shocked but not that surprised by the reveal, he did seem to know quite a bit about the ship and everything around which made him more worthy of being a person at a high post as this.

"Well, he 'n I 'ave known each other since we were babies." He said,

I must say I was impressed by that information, I had always adored friendships from childhood, there was a certain loyalty in them that you could not find in any new friendships... When you know someone since you were little babes, you tend to trust them more, you tend to know them more... Their likes and dislikes, their personalities... Just like Kyoka, Momo, and I, we knew each other through and through, and now no one can tear us apart.

"Oh? What is he like," I asked, genuinely curious... It must surely be someone like him, polite and friendly. He was a pretty nice person, so of course, he would have friends just like himself and plenty of them maybe.

"He doesn't speak much... He has his own personality... He uh, he is the captain" Kirishima mumbled and I nodded,

We were on our way to the tavern where he and his friends were supposed to meet. The path we took was along the docks and everybody on there seemed to know him and respect him, it was clear by the way they provided a clear way for him to pass and greeted him happily and with respect.

I have to say, I am royalty so they needed to treat me with respect whereas he was a pirate and judging by his accent, he was a new and foreign one and yet the amount of respect he had was astounding and it made me wonder if ever, the people didn't need to respect me, would they? Have I done anything to earn their respect? Other than cower and hide away in fear as soon as Mama passed away? With the excuse being my father? To be responsible and a leader that the people trusted, I had to earn their respect... And that would be done by aiding them, assuring them that they all matter...

"You're awfully quiet." He said, observing me as I was deep in thought.

"Oh yeah, I was just thinking about how much they respect you."

He chuckled and dismissed me,

"It's cause we buy a lot o' stuff from 'em 'n pay 'em mighty."

"Oh? But they still respect you... And respect doesn't come from money..." I said as it was the truth.

Respect is not bought, it is earned. I remember my mother telling me that... When we were on one of our tours of the town.

She also told me that it is earned by building trust and helping people in their times of need, in showing them that they are right to trust you, to give them real hope. To make promises that you can keep.

Nobody just starts respecting you because of money, maybe they do but only to a certain extent, and beyond that, it has to be earned and maintained.

"It's jus' that they 'ave been overlooked by the king 'n they need t' provide for their families." He said I felt touched by his worries because he was a pirate and yet, he cared about the people... You don't get to see that every day.

"Fat- the king has not been the same since the queen's death, and he doesn't see the difference between wrong and right anymore..." I said

"You are right, but that doesn't mean to abandon the kingdom." He said,

I hated it but I agreed with him, my father is a king and despite the hardships, he had to be responsible for his kingdom, that is what it meant to be a king.

"This is not related to the topic but, I do not know your name," I said, realizing that I actually didn't. We had been talking for quite some time and we still did not know each other's names.