𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐈𝐈: 𝐋𝐲𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐲

Wolf Moon

Wolf Moon

"So, are you going to tell us how the hell you just did that?" Hazel asked.

Much to her dismay, the trio were once again in the woods, this time to look for Scott's inhaler. And the body. But now the excitement had worn off, Hazel was far more interested in Scott's sudden ability to play lacrosse. What he had done was totally impossible.

As they reached the bank of a small river, Stiles offered his hand to Hazel. She took it, despite knowing her shoes were going to get soaked anyway, and let him help her across the water. He and Scott just jumped in and walked straight through it, which Hazel would normally do, but she had to admit having someone guide her through meant her still recovering upper body stayed a lot more stable and put her in less discomfort. Plus, Stiles' hand was warm. 

At the same time, Scott began to explain, "I don't... I don't know what it was. It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball. And that's not the only weird thing. I... I can hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear. Smell things."

Hazel raised a brow, "Smell things?"

Stiles laughed, "Like what?"

Scott turned to face his friends as they walked further into the forest, "Like the mint mojito gum in your pocket. And the chocolate in Hazel's."

Hazel shrugged at that. She always had chocolate or lollies in her pocket, so Scott could have easily taken a lucky guess, but Stiles seemed much more surprised, "I don't even have any mint mojito..."

He pulled a mint out of his jumper and looked it over for a moment, then shot a confused look at Scott. When he noticed Hazel looking, he offered it to her. Hazel hoped he could read the disgust on her face very well. She was not about to eat gum that had been sitting, already opened, in his pocket for who knows how long.

Stiles turned back to Scott, "So all this started with a bite."

"What if it's like an infection, like, my body's flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock or something?" Scott panicked.

"You know what? I actually think I've heard of this. It's a specific kind of infection," Stiles said.

"You have?" Hazel asked, knowing full well Stiles had no idea what he was talking about. It didn't take a genius to figure out he was being sarcastic.

Scott, apparently, was not a genius, "Are you serious?"

"Yeah," Stiles continued. 

He stopped and stood with his hands on his hips, and suddenly Hazel could picture him as a school teacher. He'd probably be like those teachers in the movies that all the students had a crush on. She paused for a moment, as her brain comprehended that, then frowned to herself; where had that thought come from?