𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐈: 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧

Magic Bullet

Magic Bullet

Things were going from bad to worse for the friend group. Scott had been crushed to learn about the bus driver, and took it upon himself to visit Derek again. Hazel wasn't particularly happy at them once again involving the older werewolf in things, but she would admit he had given some useful information to them.

Soon after his visit, Scott had filled Stiles and Hazel in on what happened. Derek hadn't killed his sister, he had returned to Beacon Hills to find her. Nor was he the one who had bitten Scott. It was another werewolf, an alpha, who had bitten Scott.

Although she couldn't tell her friends, that was the most valuable information to her. For the first since Derek had accused her of not helping Scott properly, she was starting to understand what he meant.

An alpha was the leader of a werewolf pack. The most powerful member, the one who controlled all the others. And Derek believed an alpha was telling her what to do. Understanding that one word opened a whole other can of worms.

If he thought she was under an alpha's control, that would imply he thought she was part of a pack, which would imply he thought she was a werewolf. Both those implications made zero sense.

So, while she finally understood what he said, she couldn't figure out why he said it.

The new information had been the only thing on her mind all day, despite the fact she should have been concentrating on her classes. She was in history class, mercifully her last class of the day, when curiosity got the better of her. At the desks in the front row, the teacher had started handing out test results.

She leaned forwards to talk to Scott, who was in the desk diagonally in front of her, "If Derek isn't the alpha, if he's not the one who bit you, then who did?"

Maybe if she could find the alpha, she could find out why Derek thought she knew them.

"I don't know," he replied.

Stiles, in the seat beside her, leaned forward next, "Did the alpha kill the bus driver?"

"I don't know," Scott said again.

Stiles dropped back into his seat, biting his upper lip in frustration. Hazel made a conscious effort to look away from his lips. After a deep sigh, he leaned forwards again.

"Does Allison's dad know about the alpha?"

He barely got the sentence out before Scott turned around, "I don't know!"

At the sound of Scott's frustrated snap, half the class turned to look at the commotion. The three of them sat back awkwardly, and the teacher still handing out papers helped take everyone else's attention away.