𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚

The Tell

The Tell

TW:

Just wanted to let everyone know, in this chapter there is a scene where the description has some similarities to a sexual assault description. There is NO sexual assault in this chapter, but I do believe this section could be triggering and I don't want anyone who may be affected to take that risk. The section begins with: "Yet, the bite didn't seem to be coming", and ends with, "Through the darkness above". Please be careful everyone. 

◼◽◼◽◼

You would think a movie as popular as Terminator would be easy to find, but Hazel had walked through every aisle of the DVD shop twice looking for it, and had yet to find it. The only person working there was fixing a flickering light, so there was no one she could ask for help.

Uncomfortable in the silence, she hummed to herself as she walked around. It wasn't under the 'T' movies, it wasn't in the action movies section, it wasn't in the sci-fi movies section, it wasn't t in the best-loved movies section.

To her annoyance, it wasn't even in the Arnold Schwarzenegger section. The only thing there was a freakishly large cardboard cut-out of the actor, and about ten copies of Predator. She had reached a stage where she almost wasn't looking anymore, and she was just wasting time.

If the sole store worker ever returned to the counter so Hazel could ask him to search the movie in the catalogue, it would be brilliant. It was becoming apparent the DVD had probably already been taken out, and if that was the case she would rip her hair out in frustration.

Why did everything have to be so hard?

She had better things to be spending her night doing than searching for a movie she didn't even like, and she wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. Terminator was her dad's favourite movie, they always watched it together when he was home. She was trying to make everything perfect in time for her parent's arrival.

Maybe if they were happy in the house, and in Beacon Hills, they would stay for longer. It had been almost three months since she had seen them, and last time they had been back it was only for a week. Hazel was pulling out all the stops in her attempt to make them stay longer this time.

The bell above the door chimed, and she saw Jackson walk in. She ducked behind the row of movies she was standing next to, not wanting to have to converse with him. In case luck was on her side, she peered at the movie selection in front of her in search for Terminator.

Luck was not on her side. She was in the adult movie section.

Cringing at the title of the movie in front of her, she ran into the next aisle. A few aisles away, the light still flickered, but the employee was nowhere in sight. They must have given up and gone to call an electrician. She hoped it would be fixed soon, because it was starting to become creepy.