Run

"Be careful, yeah?"

"Always for you my piccola farfalla"

It's been a week since the last time Aidan was over. I miss him, but the PSAT is coming up. In my last lifetime, I gave the PSAT in sophomore year and gave two SAT each in junior and senior year. I did exceptionally well in my PSAT since I wasn't really distracted by anyone, then I met him. But I have been studying super hard the last couple of weeks. With knowledge from my last life time, I think I might be ready to give the SAT right away. Even though I miss Cameron, I am sort of happy, I will see him in school today. I am going to school exactly 3 weeks after my stair incident. This should be fun. 

*Time skip*

Holy shit I'm here. My high school. I feel so nostalgic coming here. Some of my best and worst memories start here. When people say that high school is 'ones best days', I always disagree. It might be the time where you have the least responsibility, but it's not easy. Life wasn't meant to be easy. Since the moment you are born, your best days are the ones where you survive. Where you breathe, you eat, you have a reason to smile. Even if you dont smile, if you have a reason to, its one of your best days. If you see a person or something in your life, be it a dream job, learning, something- anything, and think, 'if you weren't here, I wouldn't be either' it's a good day.

As I enter the school, the whispering starts. I had always been the famous girl, though I wasn't in the 'popular group' I was always a loner. Other than Aidan I never talked to anyone, well also him. But I won't make the same mistake twice.

As I make my way towards the locker, some people ask me if I was fine after the whole incident, I reply politely and decide to take out my pre calculus text book and put in the other books, since thats how lockers work you know. I feel a presence behind me, it's not Aidan, I can sense him anywhere. I turn around to see-

"Regina." I said in a fake sweet voice. Living on the streets in my last life, I had worked for a gang for 3 years as an assassin, a good one at that, but I never made friends. I didn't trust anyone. The gang started having some issues with the mafia, and the mafia ended up collapsing the gang, making me homeless. During the 3 years I had learnt how to read people like an open book. To identify fakeness, real people, their motives. One would be shocked to know how much the eyes really tells about someone.

"Hi Alessia, are you okay? I am so sorry about what happened. Are you better now?" It wasn't even about the looks in her eyes, they could probably fool me, they were near perfect. It was the tone, that sickly sweet tone. I knew she didn't really care all that much. But I had to pretend, for the plan.

"Thank you for looking out for me Regina, I am actually ok- I dont even know what I would do without you!" She actually fell for it. Perfect.

"Ah- what is a best friend if not one that cares, am I right?"

If you take, stealing your best friends husband of 5 years as 'caring' sure.

"Ah yes, I'll see you in history, right?"

"Always." She said, with a barely there smirk.

As soon as she left, Aidan came up to me, he looked skeptical, I knew why. He was about to tell me how he didn't trust regina. He had done it before, I had ignored him. Only if I had listened to him the first time.

"Hey mi amore" (My love)

"Hi mo stór, what happened you look, worried? Is it because of Ashing's birthday? Oh I haven't seen her in so long" (my treasure)

"Its not- Its not about my little sisters birthday cailín leanbh. Why would I be worried about it? I dont really know but- I dont think I trust Regina. She looks fake, like she is plotting something, I think I'm being paranoid-" (baby girl; Irish)

"Aidan- Aid, yeah I know, I dont trust her too, but I will continue to talk to her"

"Well, its your choice, but if you dont mind me asking Bella, why?"

"There is a reason she talks to me, pretends to care. I want to know the reason, im curious"

"Be careful, yeah?"

"Always for you my piccola farfalla" I said, a little loudly, might I add(little butterfly)

"UGH Dont call me that! We were 6!!" He whisper yelled

"So what Ady? Age is just a number."

"Uh-huh alright I get it fine"

"Wait what- what are you planning Aidan? I will stab your toe"

Suddenly he yelled, "Bye francach beag! Oh by the way, it means 'Little rat' for anyone who doesn't speak Irish"

We were 4. 

4.

He better-

"Run."

He did, he ran off to class, fear filling his face, with pure joy radiating out of him. While I hurried away to my classroom ignoring the snickers and giggles.

I smiled to myself. I really love him.

But he will pay for that. 

A/N

Hey. I might update every other day. I dont know, I just want to share the chapters with y'all so bad!!