Aidan's POV

hi bitches. long time no see huh, uh this is Aidan's pov when he enters the airport and sees Alessia. It is a very juicy yet short chapter with, a lot of details. I can't keep it in the dark for long, no one doubts my baby boy. you might have connected a couple of dots. I initially thought of making him like a big mafia boy, but when I first thought of Aidan, I thought of the boy next door, the golden American boy, he's just too adorable to be a brooding mafia head lmao;)) 

anyways, enjoy :)))

When I first saw her, my world stopped. nothing else mattered. The death threats, the stalking, everything was insignificant. Two years can treat someone well and I could see that. Alessia had grown, matured. She looked wiser but somehow looked- for the lack of a better word; hotter. Her legs went on for days, her high cheekbones, her hair, her body. Oh, how hard was it to be there? Standing in front of her, not being able to kiss her. Not being able to touch her. 

Disappointment, love, sadness, were all evident in her eyes. All there for me to witness. The longing in her eyes, taunting me with my dilemma. I wanted to hold her and never let go. But I would be putting her own life at risk. I can't be selfish. I would have been, a couple of years ago. But I am better now.

Growing up, I had never thought of what I would be. I liked how my dad had a business, I thought it was cool. I wanted to be someone in a big office. Although I love my dad more than anything, it was Alessia's dad that motivated me to start my hotel chain. It wasn't because of how hospitable I was, no. I wanted to set the highest possible standards for luxury. I did that, well almost did it.

After 4 years in university, I had thought of going back home to start the company, but since I got fairly good marks in my course, I got an internship with Four Seasons hotel in Florence and a year later, I got 28 billion dollars from the graduation gift Alessia gave me. I owe her so much.

Right after I realised I had that amount, I got a phone call that changed my life. Not for the better.

They were stalking ashling and my mom. I found it a little weird that they never had proof that they were stalking Alessia. They only said so, but I would never take any chances. They said to never tell about this to anyone. I tried to. They always found out.

The American mafia was after my family. The fucking mafia. Why would the mafia be interested in just anyone?

Austin fucking smith.

He assaulted Alessia when he was 16 and he somehow grew up to be the leader of the American mafia. How did that happen? No clue. In recent years, I've kept a sharp eye on the mafia world. Being one of the richest men on the planet has a lot of benefits. The American mafia had been dormant for the last couple of decades. Austin joined the mafia and with the help of his father and his contacts, he became the leader of the mafia. Ironically, under him, the mafia grew a lot. My sources say it's because he started dealing in human trafficking that the mafia didn't do before. I would not expect less from a man this filthy. Even though his mafia was strong, it was not the best. The Italian mafia was the most powerful in the world, followed by the Irish mafia. I tried reaching out to either but it's almost impossible. They stayed in the dark, talked to a select few.

I always believed money could buy everyone, apparently not.

The only person that knows is Elijah. He is my best friend and I couldn't keep anything from him. He realised something was up and I once, broke. I told him how I got calls every once in a while telling me how I was not allowed to contact Alessia. They kept a tab on my phone and everything around me. The mail I sent, I messages I sent. I couldn't even ask Alessia to help me, even though she is the best in her field. I was shit scared to visit America. What if they harmed her? Or Ashling?

Elijah convinced me that I had to gamble for once in my lifetime. I had to take that risk or I would regret it forever. I told him about the pact that I and Alessia made all those years ago. He forced me to come home after that.

I had heard that some members of the Italian and Irish mafia were in America. I had to contact them. I would beg them, I would give them anything they asked for, as long as they would help me. I needed to get rid of Austin and fast. I had to tell Alessia everything on Ashling's birthday. I had to.

Standing there, watching her, it was worth every sleepless night, every drop of tear. She was the moon to my darkness. My other half. I was complete.

To save my family, I had to sacrifice myself. But I would do everything again in a heartbeat if it meant they would be here. She would be here. Standing in front of me. Looking at me. Safe.

But was she safe? Safe from her thoughts? From me?

Maybe not, but I know what's better for her. I know that because I love her. She's mine and it makes it my responsibility to make sure she's safe. I'll do anything to keep her away from Austin. I'll do anything.