ch. 9

I was inspired by a comment made by a lovely reader, and now I have no more writers block for this book

Nightmares pov:

"AAAAAAH WHY THE HECK ARE THERE RATS EVERYWHERE!?"

I watched dream jump on top of a rock as a ton of little blurs ran every which way,  swarming the ground.

"...those are mice."

Dream glared at me.
"I don't care just please get them away from me..."

I just sat there and grinned in the pile of mice until ink came and chased them off. I didn't have to worry about them because they already strayed away from my negativity.

"Nightmare why do you hate dream so much?"

Ink helped dream off the rock.

"Hmmm. I don't know. Why do I hate dream? Maybe it's the fact that you ghosted me oN INSTAG-"

I stop my sentence as I felt a sudden weight on my back, almost knocking me over.

"Hi there! What are you guys doing?"

"Hello blue. We were just talking. Where were you?"

"Oh I was just doing... Stuff..."

"Sure..."

Suddenly I hear ink gasp.
"You're the one who put the mice here, aren't you??!"

Blue looked at him weirdly.
"No?? I was taking with sci, actually."

Sci walked over from his spot behind a tree, away from the unusually large amount of mice.
"Yup. That's true. Although blue has been a bit suspicious lately. Why do you keep randomly running off when nobody's looking??"

Blue stared sci right in the eyelights.
"Papyrus can't cook. The only things he knows how to make are cereal and hotdogs. Nobody can live off of cereal and hotdogs."

I watch as sci and blue bicker, taking note of the shaking of blues hands that nobody else seemed to notice. Blue has been acting suspicious lately. Running off at random times, getting defensive when someone talks about error, and just overall playing 'pranks' which seemed to be slowing them down.

Suddenly I feel another emotion with us, though it was only for a split second. I tense up and look around, seeing dream look around nervously aswell. I ready my tendrils and and look over to the spot the signal came from, only to see something small and blue sitting in the snow.

"What happened? Did you see something?"
Ink questioned, looking around.

Dream seemed to notice the thing aswell, he walked next to me and shrugged.
"I don't think it's anything dangerous. Not everything is out to kill us you know."

I sighed and put my tendrils down, letting them relax against my sides. I walked over to the thing on the ground, kneeling down and picking it up.

"It's a crane..."

I look up to see ink crouched down next to me. He pointed to it.

"I haven't done origami in a while. But I know a paper crane when I see one."
He reached for the paper crane, and I let him take it from me. He inspected it closely, and his eyelights turned to exclamation points when he noticed something on the wing.

Dream, blue, and sci had walked over to see what was going on, and I see an expression of recognition go across blues face, before turning into curiosity.

I ignore it for now, my attention going back to ink, who had unfolded the crane and was reading what looked to be a note, written in wingdings.

I looked at it closely. I could understand wingdings, having learned it out of boredom before the tree of feelings was destroyed. Of course dream had tried learning aswell, but he enjoyed doing other things.

I squinted at the neat handwriting on the note, then looked up at ink, who had noticed me reading it and held it up for me to see.

"It's gibberish. There isn't a single word i can make out there."

Sci grabbed the note from ink and scanned over it. I'm guessing he had learned it for some science projects or something. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, handing the note back to ink.

"Nightmares right. It's just random letters mashed together."

We all sat in silence, trying to figure ou what the fuck this note ment.

"Translate it."
I heard blue say from next to me. Sci nodded and grabbed a pen and notebook from his pocket. He sat down in the snow and put the blue piece of origami paper on his knee, then began writing it down onto the notepad, looking back and forth till he was finished.

"I'm done. But it's still just rando-"

Sci was cut off by ink grabbing the note, then the end of his scarf, memerizing the letters then looking back to his scarf.
He glared at the piece of paper with red question marks in his eye sockets.

"This is the code to our base. How did they know the code to our base??? Only me, dream, and blue know that!?"

-everywhere and nowhere-

I laughed and watched through my one way portal as ink started accusing random people for knowing the code. It was me. I knew the code. It was pretty easy to get considering I could just check the codes for it.

My plan was simple really; I would make them run around and try to look for me, give them hints on who I was, and eventually lead them to me. Reason? I'm bored. To be honest, I'm perfectly ready to see them again, I just want to have a bit of fun before then.

Suddenly I felt a small nudge on my shoulder, causing me to jump up and spin around, getting my strings ready, but I quickly relaxed when I realized it was just a deer I made.

The deers name was simple; acorn. Because I accidenty made it's snout look like an acorn. Acorn had took me a while to make, the amount of paper and time, seeing how big it was. Only about half the size of me.

"What do you need?"
I asked.

The deer bowed, showing me it's antler that had a tear in it.
I gently touched the year, noticing the tear was to smooth to be done on accident. Suddenly my eyelights widened.

"I've read this somewhere before.... Ah! Nightmares mansion had books about animals in it, your antler isn't broken..! Your just shedding! I didn't know paper deer shed..."
I gently grabbed the antler and pulled the rest of it off, showing it to acorn afterward.

Acorn recoiled in surprise, but quickly calmed down, seeing as it didn't hurt it at all. I smiled a bit and pat acorn on the head. Acorn purred and turned off to go prance around in the makeshift meadow I put together.

I sat back down in the paper grass field and looked back to the portal, seeing they were no longer there. I figured they went back to their base to figure out the note I put there. I had left another one in their base, but it would probably take them a while to find it, considering I hid it pretty well.

"Hey guys I found a little dragon!!"

...I sigh and look back at the portal, seeing blue hold my origami creation. I hadn't told him about my plan, but it seemed it didn't take him long to figure it out.

I watch and see the writer have no more motivation to write this chapter so they're ending it here for now.

---

I just want to get this out as soon as possible. Sorry that it's so short, so many people wanted another chapter so here ya go :)

Words: 1274