5

Ryder's Pov

Morning seems to come too soon.

I manage to roll myself out of bed and stumble to my closet.

My hamper is pretty full so it wouldn't hurt to do some laundry today.

Suddenly my phone begins to buzz.

"Yeah?" I answer

"I need you to make sure packages get into the house. Please remember to take care of B. He's currently next door so you'll have to go get him."  Mom said

"Yeah, I can do that. When are y'all gonna be home?"

"We're down here for a couple of weeks. Vacation and then we're getting Wes all settled. Then we're going to take our time heading back up. We did leave a little bit of money on the counter to put towards some groceries or some other food."

Wes got early acceptance into some program at this college down south.

"Okay. Thanks, mom."

"How'd the show go?"

"It went much better than I expected it to. I ended up helping with meet and greets and I was assigned to help one of the artists. I still did all the things I needed to do for promotions. Mom, they want me to consider accepting a position on-air."

"They do? That's great! Do you think you want to do it?"

"I'm not quite sure what I want to do yet."

"It'd be something to really look into."

"Yeah, I'm taking some time to see if it's something to pursue. I might see about a trial thing if they'd let me. I still need to see about getting a second job though."

"Maybe on-air will get you more than you make now."

"I'm not sure how much more. I'll see about talking to some people around the station about it. They might be able to help me make a decision."

"You'll figure it out, you always do."

"Yeah, you're right."

"Alright Ry, I gotta go, but don't forget about the other stuff."

"I won't mom."

"Alright, I'll talk to you later, love you."

"Love you."

And with that, the call ends.

I go ahead and switch into another t-shirt and pair of shorts.

I then grab my hamper, make sure I have all my dirty laundry together, then head to the laundry room.

Once the cycle has started I head into the kitchen to fix myself a cup of coffee.

The Keurig came to life and began brewing.

While it brewed I grabbed my french vanilla creamer out of the fridge.

Just as I returned with my creamer the Keurig had finished brewing.

I poured just enough creamer to my liking then put it back in the fridge.

I then set down at my desk with my laptop.

Might as well check and respond to some emails.

There wasn't anything all that stood out of importance.

Soon enough my coffee was gone.

I should probably do the dishes later.

I still need to go to the store and get some groceries for the week.