Chapter 9: Dark 2099

While going through the dimensional wormhole, Kid Arachnid talks to Spider-Tsundere. Although she's trying to hold onto hope... Seeing her dad suffer... It's hurting her.

"Izzy, your dad is a cop?" Kid Arachnid asked.

Spider-Tsundere looked at Kid Arachnid and then nodded. "He was a detective, now he's a police captain. I inherited my dad's detective skills. I'm pretty good at putting things together," She said, as she remembers the good times she had with her dad. She then sighs. "I don't think I'm ready to lose him. We've been through so much since my mom disappeared long before she was rescued."

"I know how you feel, Isabelle. My dad was a policeman, too." Kid Arachnid said. Spider-Tsundere looked at him. "After Peter brought me and the other Spideys back to our dimensions; after our fight with the Spider-Goblin and Electro, life in my home was great... Until my dad died in action saving people."

"Miles.... I'm... I'm so sorry. I'm making this about myself and-" Spider-Tsundere couldn't finish her sentence.

"It's okay, Izzy," Kid Arachnid said. "If it makes you feel any better, you're lucky to have parents that are genuine heroes. My dad always puts others before himself. It was his responsibility. Being Spider-Man, or, in this case, Kid Arachnid, its giving me a purpose to do what he does. Helps others before helping myself. He and my world's Spider-Man taught me that. And I'll help you and Spidey find a cure for your dad. I'm not letting you lose a father like I did."

"I guess that's another thing we have in common. Police dads." Spider-Tsundere said.

"We all have something in common, Isabelle." Spider-Man said. "It's because of my uncle Ben's words, that I'm still like this. After I gotten my powers, I didn't care about anything other than myself. The day he died, its given me a purpose. To ensure no one loses a family member like I did."

"Spidey's right. Although tragedy has struck all of us, it gives us a reason to fight for what's right. To make sure no families will be alone." Kid Arachnid said.

Star Spider hears about their conversation. It made think of her past life...and how fortunate her friends are in having real life family members still around that weren't an adoptive relationship.

'I doubt I have anything similar to share that connects with Izzy,' Star thought to herself. 'My past is nothing but a mess where I lost everything; all because I put my trust in a guy who never changes when I thought differently. The only one who gets me is Ben Reilly.'

It didn't take long for Spider-Tsundere to notice Star looking sad. "Hey, Star? Everything okay?"

"Yeah...Just lost in thought, that's all," Star muttered, her stingers showing up all over her while looking away in agitation. "Let's just focus back on the mission in saving this Spiderverse and your dad."

"Okay, if you say so." Spider-Tsundere said.

Spidey and Kid Arachnid looked at each other in concern. They were aware of Star's history, but preferred not saying anything. It seemed best for Star to open up when she feels ready. She just needs more time.

"Alright, there's the end of the wormhole," Spider-Man pointed out. The Web Warriors made it out of the portal. "Be careful. There's a lot of flying cars."

"Holy!" Kid Arachnid said, as he dodged a flying truck trying to hit him, Star Spider and Spider-Tsundere.

"Incoming!" Star exclaimed, quickly dodging the flying cars by going intangible and or teleporting by using her bracelet's abilities.

Spider-Man had been to New York 2099 before when he was chasing the Goblin. So he had somewhat experience.

Spider-Tsundere, while swinging, keeps losing her web line due to the flying cars. She kept her hyper-sense on, as she phases through the cars. "Dude, this is intense. It's like airport rush hour. "Now I know how Futurama feels."