Chapter 15: Breakup corruption

About a month ago... After the events of MST2 Miraculous Generations...

On the top of Mount Fuji, Chad Franco, AKA Midnight Fire, had beaten up his girlfriend Isabelle Parker, AKA Spider-Tsundere, blaming her for stealing his chance of revenge against Richard and Juri Osborne last year. The twins were his to kill, mainly Richard. But because of Isabelle, he didn't get his chance to exact his revenge. He stopped beating her up, after realizing what he's done. She was the girl he love, and he could've killed her. He layed back and look at Spider-Tsundere with her mask damaged, blood coming out of her nose and mouth. Her healing factor will kick in, but Chad... He didn't like what he did, but his jealously took advantage of him.

 He didn't like what he did, but his jealously took advantage of him

"WHY! WHY DID YOU MAKE ME DO THIS TO YOU?" Midnight Fire yelled. "Richard had been torturing me forever, and that's why he needs to die at my hands. Think, Isabelle! Think! Your vengeance over Richard, cost me everything I planned for. I have to kill Richard, his legacy will still live on even if he's dead! What gave you the right to kill him yourself?!"

Spider-Tsundere, still breathing, still able to talk, replied with a question. "What would your revenge be...Chad?"

"That psycho brought back the monster who haunted me my whole life, tortured me for 3 weeks straight, revealed the truth about my father, kept Cora away from me for 4 years, and now I can't make him suffer for what he did! You are a selfish girl, Isabelle Parker!" Midnight Fire exclaimed.

"If I'm selfish...why did you rescue me from being held captive two years ago...?" Spider-Tsundere asked.

"Because it was the right thing to do, because you were my friend who was making a bad choice dealing with Richard..." Midnight Fire said.

"Richard and Juri had done so many wrong things to so many people other than you. I just wanted... Justice... For... My mom..." Spider-Tsundere replied, still breathing. "You're selfish, Chad." Isabelle said, as she coughs. "My revenge is...not just for me and my mom. It was for Daisy, Leaser, Sasha...and for you. My revenge was satisfaction. For all of us," Spider-Tsundere said. "Your ideas for revenge against Richard is basically stooping down to his level. You'll be no better than him. You wanna make him suffer the same way you do. And there's no honor in that. I'm not an agent of hell. Torturing him is not the same. It's just being like him. Like you're no better than him." Her healing factor finally kicked in.

Midnight Fire realized that...Spider-Tsundere was right. If he were to go through with his punishment of revenge in Richard, he would end up being just like him. And the satisfaction won't end there. He'll keep going and going until he takes over his operation. He let his revenge cloud his judgement.

The fire ninja got back up on his feet. "I'm... Sorry..." Midnight Fire said.

"Chad...?" Spider-Tsundere called his name.

"I believed I was better than him, but I'm not. You are...And I'm sorry. I think you're better off without me," Midnight Fire said, putting his hood on.