Chapter 19: Edge of the Spider-verse

Flashback

Star made it to the corner of an alley way and changed her heroine outfit to her regular civilian outfit. She just got back from a battle with a different Carnage who was using Chameleon as it's host and already had S.H.I.E.L.D. take both of them away. Oddly enough, the Carnage symbiote listened to Star when she yelled at it to be quiet and was squirming when she threatened it. Either way, it didn't stop her arranged 'hangout' with Scarlet Spider in doing patrol where it was awesome.

To Rose/Star, it became the best day/night ever. Things were wrapping up nicely...or so she thought.

Now as Rose, she walked back to her home and opened the front door so her adopted father wouldn't be the wiser.

"Thanks for the lift, Hayden," Rose said, making it look like he was dropping her off before closing the door behind her. She looked at the living room to see her dad on the couch with two mugs. "Hi, dad. Everything went okay while I was out?"

"It was rather dull without you here, actually," Sergei said. "I did make you something warm to drink, though."

Rose sat down across where her father was and noticed what kind of drinks they were that made her smile. "Hot chocolate? My favorite? Well, that's a surprise. Thank you, father,"

"My good girl needs a special treat, now and then," Sergei said with a smile, as he carefully watched her take the first sip.

"Mmmm. It tastes great," Rose said, now drinking more of it.

'That's my good girl. Drink it all down,' Sergei cooed in thought.

Rose continued sipping until her mug was finished and sighed happily. "Did you add cinnamon? I can definitely taste it."

"No, not just cinnamon. I added something special," Sergei explained, only to give a devious grin. "Glad you liked it...Star Spider."

Rose's eyes went wide when hearing that. "What did you call me?" It was then that Rose began to feel tired and dizzy.

Sergei chuckled deeply in a sinister way, not leaving his eyes off Rose. "Who knew my little kitten would get so adventurous to become a Spider? Well, only a little training and you'll be back to purring comfortably at home."

"Oh, no

"Oh, no..." Rose tried to shake it off but couldn't. She placed a hand on her head, weakly getting up and making her way to the door.

However, she only made a few steps before collapsing to the ground. Her mind was racing as much as her heart. Rose could only see her father walking over to her before losing her vision and passed out.

Hours later, somewhere that's dark, Rose was slowly waking up and groaned a bit.

"Ohhh, my head. What did Kraven do to me?" she asked herself, placing a hand on her forehead while trying to get up.