prologue

"It's okay... I know there's more opportunity out there" you escorted Xiaoting back to your family house. "I know, but it hurts. I got eliminated so early, I never thought I would" she was sobbing since you fetched her at Chuang Castle. She really tried hard but it's just the beginning.

"I'll look for other opportunities for you later" you set her luggage in your room. You and Xiaoting were put into an engagement since the two of you were 18. Even though it's just an arranged engagement, the feelings are mutual since the both of you basically grew together and knew each other well.

Xiaoting told you she liked you since the third year of High School while you liked her since your fourth year. It was an unexpected family agreement but you cant turn that offers down especially getting engaged with the girl you truly love.

"What about you? Are you auditioning too?" She asked, sitting down beside you on the couch. You were a trainee at the same agency as Xiaoting but you decided to call it off since they didn't focus much on you. You also auditioned in Chuang 2020 but you didn't get in. Despite of your family's name being well-known all across China, they decided to turn you down.

"I don't know, they will only turn me down" you pouted. Being an idol is your dream. Your father once told you to inherit the company instead but you're still too young to manage. "Don't be like that" you felt her hand hold yours. "We have to debut together. Maybe that's why I got eliminated. Fate wants us to debut together" she gave you an encouraging smile but you don't know what to feel. You're still developing your skills. You can sing, dance and rap but you're still halfway to the top.

"Hm, but if I don't debut... it's fine. You know I got a company to run in the future. And you got one too but it's better for you to debut. Your visuals will be wasted if you don't" your hand went to caress her cheeks. "You're pretty yourself too. Don't praise me much, compliment yourself sometimes" you shook your head. "Fine... it's just, I love you more than myself" you remarked. Xiaoting is everything to you. You know she's going to be there and will never leave you so you trusted your life to her.

"I love you too" she embraced you 'till she fell asleep on top of you on the couch. You on the other hand was using your phone, scrolling through different audition posts online.

Youth With You Season 3?

You were about to click on the post when a text was sent to you by a cousin.

You peeked on Xiaoting who's in deep sleep, she looks very tired.