chapter 12 ✧ liquid courage ✧

"My sweet baby! I missed you so much!"

Jaehyun was fighting to break free of Taeyong's obnoxious hug, plus he just walked out of the shower so being touched was uncomfortable, "You could have come with me, genius."

Taeyong shrugged, "It's alright, I had business to take care of." Jaehyun wondered what that could be. The only thing Taeyong did on his off days was shop at the Gucci Store.

Tae finally let go of the damp boy and plopped on his all silken-bed, "Let's go eat!"

"I don't have an appetite," Jaehyun sighed. Plus, he was still tired from his trip and wanted to get some sleep in. Even though London was meant to be a vacation, he spent most of his days filming. He was such a perfectionist that he preferred to finish his schedule early just in time for the holidays.

"I'm sure you didn't eat today. You look skinny," Taeyong jabbed.

Jae took a glimpse at himself in the mirror from where he was standing. "I had to diet, so of course I'm skinny."

"So let's go eat. You won't find anything here because I ate it all while you were gone. "

Jaehyun grabbed takeout on his way home yesterday so didn't experience the horror of his empty pantry yet. But he certainly believed it; he even formed a habit of buying groceries for two because of Taeyong's food bandit tendencies. "Where are we going?" he sighed again.

Tae planned everything in his head right then, "First we'll eat... then let's stop by the cafe where my friend works."

Jaehyun hummed okay while searching for his hair dryer. He then responded after processing what was said, "Chingu? What friends do you have besides me."

Ever since Jaehyun approached the mute kid to be his friend in the fifth grade, they have been attached to each other ever since. So when Jaehyun became a celebrity, he decided to keep the most talented person he knew by his side. His best friend owned two successful clothing brands by age 18 and taught him how to dance. So it only made sense to make him his personal stylist and choreographer. But for some reason, Taeyong decided to stay out of the spotlight and refused to work with anyone else. He truly wanted Jaehyun as his only artist, client and friend. 'Your brother is possessive and stubborn', Jaehyun would say to Doyoung all the time, hoping he would knock some sense into him, but it never worked.

"You're all I need," Taeyong sang while leaving Jae's room. "By the way," he yelled from the hallway, "make sure you smell nice!"

"Wow," Jaehyun explained upon entering PB café. "This place still looks the same."

Taeyong's eyes widened, "You've been here before?"

He nodded his head while scanning the room with bright eyes. "It's like a time capsule from four years ago."

Taeyong brushed it off since Jae couldn't possibly know Jungwoo was employed there. He then forced his celeb friend to sit at the upstairs venue to avoid being around people; even though Jaehyun argued that he didn't mind being noticed today. He was wearing a plain sweatsuit, no hat or face mask with a white windbreaker– far from incognito.

After finding a seat way in the back, Taeyong pranced downstairs in search of his buddy. Moments after he spotted the blondie, he began fighting for his attention. He tried his best to be camouflage while shouting "Psssst," desperately into the air. A few other patrons began looking around wondering where the sound was coming from but only Jungwoo noticed the red headed boy and ran over to him quickly.

"It's you!" He cheered after reaching him. "Lee Taeyong! It's really you!"

"It's me!" Taeyong laughed. They were both jumping in the air like school kids.

"Wh-wha-what are you doing here?" Jungwoo asked, a bit speechless.

"Oh I was just in the area," he lied.

"Lucky me! Who are you here with?"

"Oh just my friend, we're sitting upstairs. Could you grab our orders please?"

"Of course!"

Taeyong wrapped his arms around the boy's shoulders while they walked to the counter.
"So how's it going Jungo? Oh by the way, you were wasted that night!"

Woo looked around, "Whaaat? What are you talking about?"

Taeyong found it adorable that he was trying to be modest.

***

After preparing the snacks, Jungwoo joyfully walked them upstairs where Tae said he'd be sitting. But before he could reach the back seating area he noticed Jaehyun's side profile and stopped dead in his tracks. The man was sitting on the opposite side of Taeyong and peered out of the window with his back facing the room.

Jungwoo's first thought was to run away but before he could 180 his body, Taeyong called to him and he paused like a deer caught in headlights. "Hey kiddo! Over here," he waved. He walked over to the boy and grabbed the tray from his trembling hands after seeing that he was not moving, "Sorry, I thought I'd surprise you. Want to come say hi?"

Jungwoo instinctually turned his head so that he wouldn't be noticed, but it was too late because Jaehyun's eyes already followed to where Taeyong was headed. Moments later when Woo glanced up from the ground, Jaehyun was back to people watching, so he was unsure if he noticed him or not. He almost felt pathetic for trying to run away.

"Hmm...when do you get off?" Taeyong inquired, summoning his plan B instead.

"S-s-i-x o'clock."

Taeyong nodded, "Okay, come hang with us after your shift ends. We will be waiting." He began to head back to his table when a nervous Jungwoo grabbed hold of his jacket.

"Oh my little Snoopy..." Tae chuckled. He patted the anxious boy's head, "Y'know, the event was over but Jae asked the club to allow you to stay. He's pretty fond of you."

Jungwoo's heart fluttered. "But he probably thinks I'm a wack job."

"Not at all. Just be yourself." Taeyong offered a friendly smile before walking off.

Jungwoo glanced at the two in the corner with a newfound boldness after receiving the support of both Lee Taeyong and his cousin. He realized that he didn't need alcohol to face his crush because being his fan was all the courage he needed.

He smiled softly to himself before walking off like a winded toy...waiting desperately until the end of his shift.