chapter 2 ✧ jae vs jae ✧

[earlier that day]

Just forget about her
forget her
forget her...

Jaehyun had been trying to get over his ex for six weeks now but after seeing her last performance, the feelings swept over him again. He crashed his head into the table full of snacks "I'm so weak."

Truthfully, Jaehyun appeared very confident around fans and in front of the camera, but he was not so confident in relationships. Eventually that is why the last relationship failed, how can anyone tell that the stoic Jaehyun actually cares for them? Either he didn't know how to express his true feelings or he truly never loved. His confidence was nonexistent now.

"Tsk tsk," sneered a grimacing Taeyong. He walked over to his sulking bestie but first searched the disheveled table of snacks to find something of his liking, which ended up being a yogurt flavored lollipop. After popping it gleefully into his mouth he couldn't help but make an unhelpful comment, "Maybe you shouldn't watch M countdown."

[NeoSoul27]

Taeyong finally found Jaehyun hiding in one of the karaoke rooms playing a game on his phone. He burst into the room dumbfounded as to why Jaehyun hadn't greeted the fans waiting for him. Jaehyun listened halfheartedly to Taeyong's speech but was focused on passing his level in the game. Before he could earn another point, the hot headed Taeyong snatched the phone out of his hands. He gave Jaehyun a stern look like a father would followed by a pep talk which always calmed him down. In reverse, it always worked for Taeyong too. But lately, it's been Jaehyun behaving like the child.

"Now come on Jae," Taeyong said in a babyish tone to get Jaehyun to follow beside him. He was hoping his best friend didn't lose fans after tonight.

As they approached the lounge, all of Jaehyun's fans spotted and welcomed him. It calmed him down after remembering only about thirty of his fans were in the building as opposed to thirty thousand. This was a private event after all where he could meet and chat with them one on one. He loved meeting the fans even more than performing for them.

After walking on the stage everything else came naturally. He was Jaehyun the entertainer now.