chapter 10 ✧ snoopy ✧

Taeyong stuck to his plan to find Snoopy but realized it was going to be a difficult task since it was almost impossible to search every Paris Baguette in Seoul. However, he knew the boy lived in Gangnam so that would be the best place to start.

After visiting four different locations with no success, he lucked up when he met one of the boy's friends who offered their help.

"Tall and slender...blonde hair?"
"That's him, that's my friend," an eager Taeyong practically drooled.

The girl checked him out from head to toe, "You look like a respectable dude so I'm sure you're not out to kill him or anything."

"Of course not," Taeyong muttered nervously. He was so awkward sometimes people thought he was on drugs or something.

"Check it," Taeyong said while leaning into the counter.
"Someone very important is looking for him."
"Oh no, is our Jungwoo in trouble? Does he have too many loans?"
Taeyong waved his hands, "No no! Nothing like that..." If he did have loans he's sure Jae could take care of it.

"So if you could please let us know where he transferred to..." he bashed his long eyelashes a few times for added security.

"Jungwoo now works at the cafe on Hakdong Street, he left here a few years ago..."  She reached for a pen and pad and wrote down the exact location as if Taeyong was a tourist. Later on he was grateful for the specificity after realizing that there were three other PB cafes in that neighborhood alone.

Taeyong looked at her with a charming smile, "You're the sweetest," he stuffed a large bill into the tip jar before returning to his illegally parked car.

When he arrived at Jungwoo's store, he pretended to be searching the menu while he was really looking around for any sign of the blondie.

"I'll take a mango smoothie," he ordered to dissuade the male barista from staring at him any longer.

He was at the right location so decided to try his luck, "Is Jungwoo working today?"
The boy immediately answered, "Woo called out, he's a bit under the weather."
"Ahh, okay," he responded feeling a bit bummed out but still not hopeless.

The boy grinned while handing him the cold drink, "You must be the new boyfriend."

Taeyong almost choked on air, "Oh no, I'm just a friend."

The boy nodded his head slowly as if he didn't believe it. Taeyong assumed he was close with Snoopy too and wondered why he was so confident that Jungwoo had a boyfriend.

He almost wanted to ask if so. He didn't want Jae to be some mistress...
"Gomawoyo," he said instead before hurriedly leaving the store.

"Have a nice day!" he heard the boy yelling behind him.

As Taeyong hopped back into his car, he wondered if any of Jungwoo's friends would tell him some strange red-head was looking for him.

***

Taeyong already knew that if he approached Jaehyun about the matter he would not be forthcoming at all. Secretly, the two have understood each other's silent thoughts since they were kids so Jaehyun couldn't have been oblivious that his best friend was on to him.