chapter 8 ✧ until we meet again ✧

The morning air in Seoul was chilly today but Jaemin didn't mind. He walked a little further than normal, so what was supposed to be a morning walk turned into a three hour hike. Normally he hated cold weather, but he felt oddly refreshed by sacrificing his body to the elements.

Before heading back to his apartment, he purchased medicine and lunch for his recovering cousin. Upon return, he could hear Jungwoo's agonizing cries from outside the door. He immediately checked his temperature once inside.

"You're burning up!"
"–Where were you?" Jungwoo cried, removing his cousin's hand from his forehead so he could rummage through the plastic bag instead.
"Um, just taking a walk." Jaemin replied.

Jungwoo checked his phone. It was a little past noon. Normally his cousin didn't stay out long even during his morning walks. He was instantly suspicious.
"Are you dating someone?"
Jaemin wished he could answer that. Instead he ignored the question.
"Let's eat," he said, walking away.
Jungwoo let the matter go and sulked to the opposite side of the table. Before eating, he quickly took the medicine to subdue his throbbing headache.

"By the way," Jaemin began condescendingly, "who gets wasted the first time they ever drink?"

"I'm sure lots of people do!" Jungwoo whined.

"Oh yeah? And how would you know?"

"How would you know? You only drink fine wines, who gets drunk from wine?"

Jaemin ticked his head, "You really don't know anything. Which is why you should never do anything stupid like this again. I'm so happy that guy was nice."

Jungwoo stuffed rice into his mouth, bits of it hung from his lip, "That guy?" he said, offended, "he has a name, its JJ!"
Jaemin shook his head, "what a stupid nick-name."

Jungwoo gave him an angry growl and began strolling through his phone after receiving a notification.
"Are you stalking him still?"
Jungwoo was actually checking the star's schedule for the day.
"No I'm not stalking," he said, kicking Jaemin in the leg under the table. He hated when his cousin made him out to be a crazed fan. "He's leaving for London today. Just wishing him a safe trip."

"Well that blue light isn't good for your recovery."
Jungwoo gave a nonchalant shrug in response to his cousin's badgering.

"Do you remember anything from yesterday night?" Jaemin inquired while judging the boy's disheveled hair.

"Not really," Jungwoo said, frowning.
"I remember having drinks with Lee Taeyong..."

"Who the heck is Lee Taeyong?"

"He's Jaehyun's best friend. He introduced me to JJ, I wouldn't have had the guts to approach him otherwise."
"Hmm okay," Jaemin muttered, "so he got you drunk?"
Jungwoo stopped eating, "I only had two or three drinks. Taeyong hyung is a nice person, he took care of me."

"How do you even know he was Jaehyun's best friend? You have to be careful? Anyone can easily take advantage of you."
Jungwoo sighed. He knew his cousin was about to give him a lecture. Unfortunately he couldn't prove the two were friends because they had no public photos together.

But Jaemin was already impressed.

To him, celebrities weren't separate entities from everyone else. If Jungwoo really liked Jaehyun, and from what he could sense yesterday, the man seemed to care about him too, he would support his cousin all the way through. But he knew that everyone didn't think that way. In the end, Jungwoo was a fanboy first and he couldn't be faulted for seeing Jaehyun as a celebrity first. A celebrity who he was content with meeting only once.

***

Jungwoo slept for the rest of the day and woke up again around 9pm. He searched around to find his cousin in his room watching a movie on his laptop.
"I still feel like craaaap," He cried.
He flopped beside Jaemin and snuggled under his covers.
"And my tummy hurts a lot."
"Awww," Jaemin cooed while patting the boy's head.
"I don't think you'll be better by Monday."
"Yeah, I may have to call out."
"You must," Jaemin warned. He knew his cousin was a workaholic and went to work even when injured. He was very passionate about his career.

"I'm sleeping here tonight," Jungwoo said without waiting for an answer.
Jaemin put back in his earplugs, "Fine, just don't puke on my bed."