chapter 11 ✧ 24/7 ✧

Jaehyun had been on cloud 9 all day. He didn't know why but assumed it was because of the private concert going so well. He was thrilled to meet his fans. Especially that one person...

That person who reminded him of his normal self, the regular Jaehyun who wasn't inundated with schedules and fame. Talking to that person all night made him feel normal again. He didn't judge him for who he was and did not find him to be a boring person to talk to–like he's been told all his life. He's never seen anyone so interested in his vigorous skin routine, his favorite songs to play on the piano and the cringe movies that make him cry.

Even his songs were made with someone new in mind. Gone were the days where he agonized over his ex and sang emptily about feelings he didn't really have. 

Little did he know, Jungwoo thought the same exact things about him. How could his favorite celeb crush be someone so interested in his daily monotonous life.

But that was then. And now is now...

One month had passed since the private concert. And Jaehyun was no longer on cloud 9. Tonight he sat quietly in his piano room; the only room in his condo with no sense of time. Void of clocks, windows and constructed with hollow walls to drown out his thoughts.

The highs of that night were now dissolved into fine air and he could do nothing to affirm his feelings. Partly because he didn't even know what those feelings were. He only knew it was because of that boy. The boy who he hastily named uwu because he was the cutest person he ever laid eyes on. A person who he felt immediate connection to as if they'd met before. 

Yet he refused to make a move. He also had to keep his image in mind. How would it look reaching out to someone he met at his private concert? And how could he stay respected if that person felt he was being chased after? What he feared the most was losing him as a fan all because he couldn't keep his jumbled feelings bayside.

Plus, the highs were only for twenty four hours. Now he felt drained by his conflicted emotions. He just wanted to throw them aside and deal with it no further. He closed the piano hood and shut off the studio's lights. Dragging his feet back into his minimalist living space which overlooked Seoul. Wondering where amongst those buildings he could be living.

So much for trying to forget him.

Even if he wanted to contact that boy, he didn't have his number so felt helpless anyway.

It was easier to neglect it all. Easier to follow the endless pattern of his broken love life: Make excuses, reject and hold back. A symphony of repressed desires.

[in the background, reverberated a beat with unheard lyrics. Lyrics in which he could fill with his feelings alone]

24/7 i've been searching for you

why can't you understand my heart and that i need you

no matter how much i miss you

i had a useless hope to fill you up in my heart

Just 27 miles away stood a wishful Jungwoo by his window. Wondering if his superstar lover lived in one of the buildings standing tall in the foggy distance. The lyrics to an unknown song wandered in his mind. He felt the urge to hear Jaehyun's voice. The urge to see him in person. Now that he knew the real him, he was ready for his next dose.

24/7 i've been searching for you

why can't you understand my heart and that i'm lonely

even if I find you, will you recognize me?

your memory doesn't end until my life stops

[24/7 —seventeen]