CHAPTER 23

The first thing Ambrose and Luke noticed when they got the view of the pack borders was the chaos

People in their wolf forms were on the ground, most covered in blood. Other wolves were attacking each other, and when Ambrose saw this, his heart sped up at an inhumane pace.

"What is this?!" Ambrose yelled, facing Luke with fear evident in his eyes,

Luke softly cursed under his breath and without a word unbuckled his seat belt, but before he could say anything, a body of a big brown wolf that was bloody came flying, crashing into their windshield,

Neither of them saw it coming and released their own strings of curse words; Ambrose's eyes flashed silver, and the urge to protect his pack as a Luna kicked in.

Releasing a growl, he unbuckled his seatbelt and stepped out, his glowing silver eyes flashing at the scene before him,

Luke stepped out after him and took a deep breath in, and without wasting another moment, he shifted into his big brown wolf, releasing a deadly growl and stepped into the battlefield.

It was easy to identify the pack's wolf from the outsiders, which were probably rouges.

Ambrose was so lost in taking in the scene before him that he didn't realize a wolf stalking over to him, ready for attack,

And when he saw the wolf, it was already in midair, but before Ambrose could do anything, another body collided with the wolf, throwing it in the opposite direction.

The said wolf let out a deadly growl that made Ambrose shiver for some unknown reason,

When the wolf turned back, his eyes locked with those of Ambrose, and their world stopped right there.

The wolf was giant; he was black with no other colour patch visible—a child of the night himself.

The second their eyes locked, all air left Ambrose's lungs; he knew it was one of the triplets, Aiden to be exact; how does he know that?

Well, maybe it's just a mate thing.

Ambrose couldn't look away from the mystic black eyes that had flecks of gold in them,

And before he knew, the wolf was off running in the direction, where the wolves now stood, not fighting, not moving—just staring at one another and panting.

Weird huh?

But it seemed like everyone had stopped fighting and was trying to settle in for a truce, but the willow creek could have easily won anyway.

Ambrose snapped out of his thought when one of the three big black wolves shifted into their human form.

It was Axel.

His glory is on full display until a guy gives him some basketball shorts.

The other two, Aiden and Asher, were on either side of him, not letting their guard down, while the healers tended to the pack's injured wolves.

When the opposite pack saw Axel shift, the guy in the middle shifter too, revealing a tall guy, built covered in tattoos. He had a smile on his face, which pissed axel off to no extent. He bit down on his jaw and took a deep breath as Ambrose observed the scene.

"Ah. Axel, ole friend buddy ole pal." The guy said in a cheery voice, which did not fit the current scenario at all. The unknown alpha tried to step forward but was cut off by the triplets growling,

The weird alpha frowned and pouted slightly,

"Well, nice to see you again too." But before he could continue, Axel's eyes flashed black from his usual green eyes,

"Get to the point," he snapped with his nose flaring,

"Well, sweet baby Jesus, who pissed in your coffee this morning", the arrogant alpha huffed but continued when Asher leg out a warning growl,

"I came here for a treaty–"

"Get out," Axel said in a scarily calming tone.

The weird alpha frowned,

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Get out. What kind of treaty, huh? You invade my pack, and your warriors start attacking? –just get out of my land before I get pissed off."

The Intruder was about to say something when he just huffed and turned around, but not before saying,

"I'll be back soon, though. But I'll make sure to teach my pack how to fucking behave," he growled, the end bit making his warriors cower in fear.

Well, this was way too easy.

Ambrose thought they might put up some sort of resistance to leaving the pack, but he was wrong. The tattooed alpha was nice for someone who'd attack a pack.

Once the outsiders left, Luke shifted and came up towards Ambrose with concern in his eyes,

"You okay, flower?" Luke asked, wrapping his arms around Ambrose's waist, pulling him closer and taking in his scent.

"I'm alright. Luke, nothing happened to me. Are you okay, though?" Ambrose asked, hugging Luke back and breathing in his after earthy rain scent.

"I'm fine, baby", Luke replied, still not letting Ambrose go.

Ambrose raised his eyes directly, locking them with Axel.

Déjà vu.

As soon as their eyes met, Ambrose felt all his worries drown away, and all he wanted to do was run towards him and make sure the alpha was fine.

Ambrose directed his gaze away from the intimidating eyes of Axel that made his heart stop. He observed everyone shifting, changing and heading back through the forest line, back to their houses or the packhouse, and ignored the pair of eyes looking through him, making him feel vulnerable. The other two –Aiden and Asher were still in their wolf forms, checking on the wounded, trying not to look at their mate, who they wanted nothing but to hold close.

Luke sighed and let Ambrose go, not noticing that the omega still had his eyes on the triplets. With 'I'm so fucked' going through his head with every passing minute.

He was indeed fucked now.

゚・*:.. ..:*・゜゚・*:.. ..:*・゜゚・*:.. ..:*・゜

HIYA PEEPS!

late update ik. I'm sorry. it's just, I'm stuck here with needles sticking in me and OUCH! 

it's hard to yk type n all. 

but anyway, here it is.

it was boring I know. but *evil laugh* things are gonna happen now.

stay safe, stay hydrated.

Emxx.