Part Nine

You

You must think that I'm a fool,

You must think that I'm new to this, 

But I have seen this all before

"I should have waited, Amy. Why did I go so fast? I'm such a failure."

"Woah, don't think about it like that! Next time you just need to take things slower. Look, I know that people like him might seem like everything to you, but really, if you're not careful, you'll end up getting hurt. And you know, I'll do anything to make sure my best friend is protected from little shits like them."

"Aww, thanks, Amy."

"Besides, you're too good for Lok-"

"Don't say his name. Please. It still hurts."

"Don't worry, you'll get over it soon enough. Until then, I won't say his name."

"Thank you. Amy?"

"Yes?"

"Do you think I'll love again? After such a heartbreak?"

Amy looks to you with wide eyes. "Of course you can, sweetheart. Your heart is so big; you have so much compassion and love in you to help the world. You can do anything, okay? I have faith that you can get over anything and anyone."

You hug Amy and sit there with her on your couch as you watch The Princess Diaries. "Thank you again."

"It's no problem. Anything to help my best friend."

"Thank you."

"Alright, I get it. Now stop saying thanks. It's weird."

You laugh.

---------------

I'm never gonna let you close to me
Even though you mean the most to me...
In case you go and leave in me the dirt

What was wrong with you? Why did you always rush into things? It always lead to your heart being broken. At the moment, your life was a complete and utter shitshow. Whichever God was in control of writing your story was in a big mess, it seemed.

You almost wished that the God would stop. Why can't you get anything right? While you were berating yourself, there was a sharp knock on the door. You sigh- wow, you really seemed to be doing that lately- and walked towards your apartment door. You unlocked the lock and swung it open to find the man of your dreams standing there.

"Loki? What-" You were cut off as a mouth engulfed your own.

"I just couldn't stay away from you any longer, love..." Loki pressed you against the nearest wall.

"Hah... wait, stop!" You push Loki back as best as you can. "I-I can't keep doing this anymore. We need to stop. Not just now. But forever. No matter what I do, if it involves you, then I'll always be left heartbroken. I can't keep doing this anymore."

"I... see." It was quite simple with Loki, really. He just upped and left. Like he didn't even care in the first place.

Which is why you were now currently at a bar. The same bar, in fact, as when you met Lok- him. You sat up on a seat and quickly ordered yourself some shots of tequila.

"Why hello there. What brings you to this place? Relationship issues?"

You turn to meet the voice. Light brown hair, with brown eyes. You gasp.