9. Never Let That Happen

Will have an explanation for this chapter. I just wanted to try something new, so bare with me.

Might include angst.

      I hear shattering of glasses.
      And then I hear ringing.
      "You had the FUCKING audacity. THE GODDAMN FUCKING AUDACITY TO HURT ME LIKE THAT??!"
       Mafu screams at me, his once shimmering, happy crimson eyes now filled with hurt.
       "I didn't do anything. At least let me explai—"
       "Shut up. Shut the fuck up. No. You hurt me. And there's nothing, FUCKING NOTHING you can do about it." He restrains himself from hitting me. At least I see some care from him.
        "You know, I waited all these years to date you. I know you did too. I shut out my love for anyone and everyone else to be with you. And this is how you treat me? You don't even let me explain? I LET YOU MARK ME. I LET YOU—" My voice quivers. "WE PROMISED WE'D GET MARRIED. WE PROMISED SO MUCH. AND YOU WON'T EVEN LET ME EXPLAIN? YOU WON'T LET ME— LET ME HANG OUT WITH OTHER GUYS OTHER THAN MY BROTHER AND YOU?"
         "I TOLD HIM TO STOP. HE WOULDN'T. YOU KNOW HOW HURT I FELT? I... I felt like shit for not being able to stop him. And you? You just stared and didn't help me. You just— You.."
          I break down, I'm crying. He's crying. We're both crying. I didn't want this to happen.  I wanted to say I was his, and his only. I love him. I don't even know if he loves me. He hates me. I miss him. 
          Why do we feel so far apart?
          "I'm leaving."
         I start walking to the front door.
         And then that's when I feel arms wrap around me.
         "Let go of me."
         "No... Y/N, don't go."
         I laugh. "I thought you hated me? What's all this?"
          "I- I'm sorry... I... I just was jealous. I don't.. I don't.."
          I let go of him.
          And I walk away.

          And then I wake up.
          I'm in a cold sweat, it's dark outside. I turn around. Mafu's still beside me. I sigh of relief, it was only a dream. I start sobbing.
          He turns. "Nnh... Y—Y/N-chan? Whats— Y/N-chan?!"
           He instantly gets up, and wraps me in a hug. He strokes my hair, and calms me down. "Mafu... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... please... Please don't leave me... If someone tries to take advantage of me please help me.. Please.."
          He kisses my head. "Shh... It was just a dream.. You're okay. I'm here. I will never let that happen to you. Shh... It's okay.."
          I look up at him, and kiss him tenderly.

          "Mafu..."
          "Y/N, I love you. I will never let that happen. Never."

I'm sorry.