The Gunner & The Florist

The Gunner And The Florist
By CrystalCallistral

Who doesn't love a semi-post-apocalyptic story with a strong-willed main lead? I loved the introduction of this book, the characters and their setting. From the first oage this book hooked me in.

When I started this book it I didn't know what to expect because the cover is a little overwhelming. But the first chapter was well-paced and quite interesting, I found myself wondering about Lennox and what had happened to his world. I have never read about a florist having a job in a post-apocalyptic world so bonus points for that.

That being said, Chase was indicated to be 14 but according to the way you wrote him and his interactions with Lennox in the first chapters, it felt like he was younger than 14.

The thought processes of each character seem to take the reader out off the story completely because they are not tagged so it takes a while to figure out that its not the descriptionof a scen but somethingthe characters are thinking

The thought processes of each character seem to take the reader out off the story completely because they are not tagged so it takes a while to figure out that its not the descriptionof a scen but somethingthe characters are thinking. I only discovered that the character was thinking when I got to the next paragraph.

Despite those minor problems, this book is great. The story is well-paced and it reads like the action, post-apocalyptic story it is. I loved the differences between the two main characters Lennox & Ren. Their lives seem to be entwined but that doesn't blur the lines between who each character is and I think that's great.

Some of the unique qualities of this book were the fact that you managed to make a florist who is badass and quite frankly more than meets the eye. That's, not something I have seen in many books so kudos to you.

The book is just beginning so I am guessing you have plans for more chapters so I can't say much about the few I have read. But I do look forward to knowing about how the war started and how everything is going to end.

This story is quite interesting and it stayed on my mind long after I finished the current chapters. Each chapter made me curious about what's coming next. Good job. I  am looking forward to the rest of the book.

 I  am looking forward to the rest of the book