II.BOOKWORM

(Year 832)

"Zeke?" Aera called out her younger brother.

"Aren't you hungry? Eat up," said Dina.

"Uh, my stomach hurts..." Zeke muttered as Grisha and Aera side eyes him. While eating dinner, everyone was silent. Aera could tell that Zeke was hiding something, she noticed that their father kept looking at her brother with a stern glare.

Zeke's voice quivered as he clenches his teeth. "Please stop doing dangerous things...." He sighed.

"If they find out, we will be sent to the Island of devils and made into Titans." Aera parts her lips as their parents look at Zeke with wide eyes.

"Have you learned nothing I've taught you? Unless someone takes a stand, we'll live pitiful lives in this tiny cage," said Grisha.

"That's right. We're fighting for the future of all Eldians, including yours." Dina said as Aera stayed silent.

"Even if there is a chance that I end up like Aunt Fay?" Her little brother said under his breath as Aera's voice hitched, looking onto her brother in shock.

Grisha clenches his teeth, slamming the table in vexation as Aera, Zeke, and Dina flinches."Zeke! The only reason Fay died is because this world is twisted! We have to fight so nobody else ends up like her!"

"We must restore the strength of Eldia and win our rights back!" Grisha yelled as he stormed off from the table in anger as Dina followed him to their room leaving Aera and Zeke on the table. "Grisha! Wait!"

When Aera and Zeke were left in the dining room, silence was the only thing that existed between them until Aera held her grip on her brother's shoulders.

"Zeke?" Before she could cheer him up, he runs away, with teary eyes then locks himself in his room. She sadly sighed with sorrowed eyes

Aera became guilty and didn't have the chance to play with him again. She never pressured Zeke after seeing his poor performance in training, she was encouraging and supportive but never had the time to play with him. She realized that she kept ignoring him during the past few days. She sighed as she stood up from her seat. She could hear the yelling from her parent's bedroom.

"Zeke? Please let me in..." Aera says as she knocks on the door.

"Go away!" Zeke shouted as she flinched.

"Ohh Zeke...I-"

"Aera! If you want me to feel better, then leave me alone! Please?!" He yelled as Aera again flinched. She sighs then leaves, she is guilty and disgusted by herself for not realizing what she had done for the past few days.

The next day, Aera attempted to consult Zeke in the morning but he had left early without a word. Every day, Aera always locks herself in her room to study, ignoring every word that's going on outside.

She heavily sighed then packs a few of her books except the ones she hasn't finished to return to the library. Aera made her way outside, passing by the living room, and saw her parents with calm faces.

"I'm going to the library." She said, not daring to look at them as Grisha hummed in response.

"Be safe!" said her mother as she waves her hand.

Sooner or later, she arrived at the library and returned the books she had borrowed then explores the library to find something interesting. The library was always the place she visits, she mostly spends her time in the place to read books which she called: Pleasure Reading.

Aera searched around the library until one book caught her eye. The book was old-looking and dusty, the cover of the book was leather, and the handwriting's rigid and regal. She blows the book to see the title in it."The Ten."