XXXVI.COWARDICE

(~Centuries Ago~)

There an aloof-looking king, sitting on his throne. A dark-haired man respectfully bowed to him from afar, placing his hand on his chest.

"Ackerman, the walls have been made, I have erased all of the eldians' memories...and now, I must ask you to stand by the royal family till death." The king stated, resting his elbows, looking down at the dark-haired.

"We are safe now. I have informed the Tyburs of the threat of disturbing the wall's peace," said he stoically.

"Sire, what if a mere being comes to hunt you down?" The Ackerman faced the royal.

"Then we will let them be and let the rest of the world exterminate us, for we must accept our sins," Karl answered vaguely.  "Eldians are deserving to be demolished."

"All eldians deserve death? What of the newly born ones who are innocent? The people who did not make mere destruction unto the world." Aidan stood up, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion after hearing his majesty's statement.

"Without eldians, the world will be in peace. If our race dies, then so is the power of the titans. I made a will for my future children to renounce war, making them be unable to strike back from enemy attack."

The Ackerman gritted his teeth in vexation. His fist tightened as his family behind him were in disdain, thinking that Karl's plan is completely absurd.

"So I am asking you, Aidan Ackerman, will you and your family stand by us till the end and accept your sins as an eldian?" The King lifted his chin, waiting for the warrior's answer and remarks.

Aidan was silent. He was the head and leader of the Ackerman clan, a family that fight the king's enemies and attackers, protecting the Founder alongside the Valkyrie Titan, known to be a loyal servant to the king for countless years.

He followed and stood by the family till the end, though Karl's ideology was completely absurd to him. Letting their race be helplessly killed by the rest of the world was wrong for him and his family.

The Schrodingers and the other noble houses had accepted the king's ideology. Obviously, Aidan knew that most of them would never shake their head for the king, for his majesty lent them countless riches, especially the House Schrodinger.

The Asian clan recently just left the shadows after having a word with the king. The king have spoken to them a day ago and the Ackermans were utterly felt curious and in confusion after their sudden disappearances.

Aidan was still out of words, frowning, looking down onto the marble floor as his family waited for his answer. Annabelle did not tell him about this, merely standing next to the king, watching him anxiously.

He questioned himself that if he refused to accept his ideology, the king would be in disdain or massacre him along with his family, which maybe has been the reason why the Asian clan fled from the government on his belief.

Aidan looked at Annabelle, wearing a stoic yet faint expression. He expected her to intervene but she did not speak a word, just stayed silent. To him, Annabelle must have expected him to accept the ideology just so they can be together till the end, though it is foul selfish of her to accept his brother's ideals, allowing the eldians to be exterminated.

"Annabelle, did you accept his majesty's ideals?" Aidan softened his tone, questioning his lover.

After hearing his question, The Valkyrie exhaled, standing there stiffly as the Founder sternly looks at her.

"I..." Annabelle stuttered, still holding her hands tightly. She wanted the Ackerman clan to accept the King's ideology so they will be prevented from being massacred. But receiving her brother's plan will presumably make the whole family of the Ackerman clan and the Fritz family ignorant.