XXXI.STRIKE

(Year 850)

As the Valkyrie Titan tails Rod's Titan, occasionally summons any metallic weapons that she can wield to defeat the Titan, though whenever she threw the weapon, such as spears and javelins, was all for naught, for the horrendous Titan still moved forward, making its way to Orvud District.

From afar, Eren and the scouts were eyeing the scene. "W-What happened?"

They recently got out of the ruined cavern, thanks to Eren making a crystalline structure just before he and his friends could get buried down under rubble.

"I-Is that..."

"Your sister just flew off to fight that Titan," said Armin, as they watched the Valkyrie yet again throw another javelin onto Rod's Titan.

"We're going after that Titan." Levi referred to Rod as Aera's TItan loudly roars. "It seems the hag is struggling to defeat it."

Eren and Historia there sat next to the wounded Hanji at a carriage as the others mounted their horses while ahead of them was the Valkyrie TItan battling against the gigantic TItan.

"Umm...so..." Hanji weakly spoke up. "So the power that is within Eren is called the Founding Titan, right?"

"Only those descended from the Reiss bloodline can use the true power of the Founder. However, even if a Reiss gains its power, they'll be controlled by the First King's ideology, which won't let them free humanity from the Titans. That's...interesting"

"So the first king would call this true peace? What a funny way to look at things..." Hanji chuckled.

"So that means...we still have options," Eren spoke as Historia turned her gaze onto him. "If I let that TItan eat me, then Rod Reiss will go back to being human again...We can still bring back the full Founding Titan."

Mikasa light gasp. "But that's-"

"Seems that way." Levi interrupted. "If Rod Reiss turns back into a human and we can successfully restrain him, then undo the King's brainwashing, that could be a way to save humanity. But...are you saying you're prepared to do that?"

"Yes," Eren answered determinedly as the others remained silent.

"Eren, I can't let you-"

"We have one other option." Historia interrupted.

"First off, there are a lot of problems with this plan of turning Rod Reiss into a Founding Titan. You talk about undoing the brainwashing, but the Reiss Family has apparently tried to do that for decades and failed."

"And once he gets that power, you won't be able to restrain him if he can alter humanity's memories. We should also assume that there are other factors we can't see from our position."

"In fact, these circumstances could be the one hope humanity has. The Founding Titan has been taken away from people who would use it to propagate their ruinous ideas about peace."

Eren looked at her in surprise.

"That's right...your father and your sister were trying to save humanity from the first king," Historia spoke.

"It might be the reason why Aera betrayed Frieda and the Reiss Family to side with your father, stealing the Founding TItan from my sister and murdering the rest of the family. It was the only option they had," said the Reiss.

"Yeah! There has to be a way to save humanity without the Reiss Family's blood! That's why he entrusted you with the key to the basement."

"The basement? Oh...that?! So it's important?" Sasha questioned.