IX.DESPAIR

(Year 842)

"So this was what you're trying to tell me, Agatha?" Aera asked as Delphi came in front of her. A few days later after she inherited the Valkyrie, she was depressed and felt horrified after seeing the future. To this day, she knew what Agatha meant.

Aera also started to act like Agatha. Stern, Intimidating, Silent, Gloomy, and lastly Irascible. She held her head as she felt an immense headache as her eyes starts to glow gold. She could feel that there are people living inside her head, controlling her what to do.

She tried holding her tears as she saw the future. She saw herself watching her father killing the Reiss Family. Her breathing starts to go heavy as she stood up from the armchair to look at her window.

Still golden-eyed, Aera looked onto the window just to see Kenny, sitting alone in the garden without Uri and Agatha. She instantly wipes her tears when she sensed footsteps outside her room. The door opened, revealing Frieda with a dejected expression. "Hey..."

"Hey..." Aera exhaled.

"So tell me....what did you see in my Aunt's memories.." She asked depressingly as she sits in an armchair.

The question that Frieda had given her, made her slightly clench her teeth as she saw an image of Frieda's corpse from the future. "Nothing much, you?" She lied at the black-haired.

"Just saw how the Titan fiasco started." Frieda slightly chuckles, trying to cheer her relative up. Aera didn't smile nor laugh, she just gave her a depressed look. "You okay?" The black-haired questioned.

"I'm fine...."

"You miss them, don't you? Well, I miss them too." The black-haired sighed, referring to Uri and Agatha.

Aera crosses her arms as she sits at her bed, remaining silent. "I need some time alone, Frieda." She said coldly to her relative as the black-haired parted her lips.

"You've been here for days, Aera. Just come outside." She said as she opens the door.

"I told you....just leave me be." She side-eyes her intimidatingly, growing frustrated.

"Look, I understand what you're feeling but-"

Aera's eyes glowed gold as she clenched her teeth in vexation and yelled. "I SAID I'M FINE, FRIEDA!"

The black-haired flinched. She had never seen her acting like this before. The gentle and Kind Aera she once knew was gone.

Frieda has always been there for her, she comforts her whenever she's sad but she never expected or imagined Aera to yell.

Her voice hitched as she look into her golden eyes. "Oh...Forgive me....well, I guess I should go." Frieda made a dejected look as she closes the door, leaving her alone.

Aera realized, she held her nose bridge as her eyes kept glowing and it never stopped. She clenched her teeth after acknowledging her irascible behaviors.

She's very depressed and god she even saw her childhood friend's death, Lara Tybur. She was dejected that she couldn't back out of her fate and duty. Sure, she was actually in with Ezekiel and Annabelle's plan by sterilizing the Eldians but destroying the world is a big risk but it was the only way to stop war and Humanity's greed.

She started to ask herself, why is she chosen. There are plenty of people who would handle this instead of her. She actually couldn't wait to meet her half-brother Eren and was still a bit pissed at Zeke.

Aera sighed then proceeds to sit in a chair near the bookshelf as she picks a pen to write in her journal. She writes about what she is currently feeling, her sorrows, and her life. She writes for hours until...

Suddenly, she sensed footsteps outside her room. Aera immediately put back her journal to her shelf and stood up from her seat, acting normal. The door opened and it was none other than Kenny,

"Hey, kid. Ya should probably come outside." He sighed not acting like he used to. She could tell he is currently mourning.

"I don't want to..." She hissed as Kenny crosses his arms standing against the wall.

"Look kid, ya been here all day. Ya, look like a walking toothpick right now!" He exclaimed and Aera did indeed lose a lot amount of weight.

"And?" She looks at him with cold eyes.

"Just come outside! Yishhh...." He yelled as Aera gave him a wistful dirty look. She sighed then proceeds to leave her room as the Ackerman tails her like a bodyguard. Delphi too came along.

Aera made her way outside Reiss Manor, seeing a bunch of kids throwing rocks at a pack of wolves. Her eyes suddenly turned iris gold. "Hey!" She shouts as she goes towards the scene.

"Stop throwing rocks at them..." Aera confronted the children.

"But Lady Vivienne, they're wolves..." One of the kids said as Aera turn her gaze to the creature.

"It didn't do anything to you." She said as Kenny sternly crosses his arms again.

"Don't throw rocks at them, they're just like us but animals. They don't deserve to be treated like this." Aera said as the kids drop the rocks.

When Aera received the Valkyrie Titan, she now sympathizes with them and became very fond of animals. "Where's your Mama?" She asked the kids.

"She's inside the manor." The kid answered.

"Then what are you even doing here!" She pats the kids back as they run away from her.

"Ohh, dear..." Aera goes near to the wolves laying o the grassy ground. She looked around in its body but did not spot any wounds. She sighed in relief then pet the wolves.

The wolves has white fur and had icy blue eyes. Delphi came and rides on the creature's back. She gently hugged each wolf with affection, still golden-eyed.

She waved them goodbye, wearing a wistful smile as the wolves left the estate. "I didn't know ya have a soft spot for animals." Kenny butted in.

"Shut it..." Aera coldly interrupted him. She took a look at Kenny's face as she saw his future self. Laying in the tree, bleeding. She clenches her teeth as she saw Frieda, who has just come back.

"Where were you?" She asked her relative sternly as Frieda glances at Kenny.

"Just....somewhere." She said.

"Look....forgive me for yelling at you, earlier. I was just not in the mood talking to anyone that time." Aera held her grip on her relative's shoulders.

"It's actually fine. I have something to tell you, though." Frieda smiles as Aera raises her eyebrows intimidatingly.

"What is it?"

"I've visited Historia on her farm." She whispered to her, leaving Aera frozen as the black-haired giggled.

"Tomorrow you'll meet her, she's going to be thrilled to meet you."