XLIII.CONFLICTED UNITY

(Year 854)

As soon as Aera arrived at the entrance of the airship, two men guided her into the aerial fleet as they harshly placed handcuffs on her hands. She was formerly in her Titan form. Therefore, she appeared to be slightly steaming and have visible marks on her face. A few chatters were occurring in the room til her presence silenced them. They looked at her with an uneasy demeanour while she was faintly dragged to the side of the wall. Her posture was stiff and merely possessed a tall stature as her willowy traits.

After all these years, Aera remained the same, excluding the sudden change in her appearance. Her lavender and plum scent was no more, and what people could feel and smell around her was just a scent of dried blood on her clothes. Her ashen blonde hair was flaxen and grew to rest beneath her chest.

Some veterans of the Survey Corps were aboard as Eren was sitting across the room, shackled.

"Rejoice. Everything went according to your plan." She heard Levi as soon as she arrived.

Eren looked at Aera apathetically, his gaze sullen when his sister glanced at him. He had the War-hammer Titan, had set destruction onto Liberio, killed Willy Tybur, and managed to leave Marley. Some aspects of their plan were now fulfilled. However, there will be more tragedies to occur, and that would affect him and his relations with his friends.

All of them silently watched her take her seat as two men stood beside her, holding her detained. Before anyone could speak, one of the veterans pulled two children into the room. The two were shocked and dismayed at their sight, their mouths fell open as their eyes shifted, seeing the veterans and the Yeagers in the room, especially Zeke.

"Sir Zeke?! You were alive?! How could you have been captured by these devils...?" Aera looked at the child while glancing at Zeke. Her younger brother did not dare to respond to Gabi.

While she was on her way on board the airship, she did hear the sound of a gunshot in the aerial fleet. Another soldier has fallen, and Eren was fully prepared to face the truth and reality that the future will occur regardless.

"Who are these brats? " Levi stepped in, asking the tall veteran who brought the two inside the room.

"They killed Lobov and used his equipment to board the ship. And then...this girl shot Sasha." He answered with sullen eyes. "I think there's no hope left for her."

The others hurried to another room after hearing about their comrade. Levi's narrowed eyes slightly widened as his soldiers run passed him. The door around the corner was shut loudly, Eren sat there with his desolated gaze focused on the floor.

Aera looked at him meekly as she could feel Zeke's eyes staring at her thoroughly. She glanced at him. How much he had grown into such an adult that she had least expected him to be when they were young. Instead of the wise soldier she formerly had thought of him to be, Zeke was rather an individual who was deeply affected by their father's behaviour towards him.

He was never taught anything other than to focus on the Eldian Restorationists' objective. He and Aera were fully educated about history, politics, cultural, and religious subjects, especially academics. Their minds were filled with these topics at a young tender age they never were taught any compassionate and innocent things to appreciate and enjoy. Additionally, with countless uninvolvement of Grisha and Dina in their children's lives, this had worsened the case. Despite having so much time with their grandparents, they also teach the same as their parents.

They both knew they'd been through the same during youth, and Zeke valued those times when Aera encouraged him during his lowest. Both support each other and exchanged endearing love as siblings, such as by playing catch and having deep and immersive conversations. All those delightful moments came to an end when Aera was asked to join the Eldian Restorationists.