thirteen

She saw her sister and Clay walking into the kitchen and left upstairs

She saw her sister and Clay walking into the kitchen and left upstairs. "Hey, wanna hang out?" Nick asked as he leaned on the wall next to the stairs.

"You're joking. Why are you always just there?" Liliana said in a joking manner as she walked to her room. "Well, we don't have anything to do."

"Really? You don't have clues for a Mutt you're trying to catch." She said as she opened her room door and sat on her bed. "Don't you wish there was a TV?"

Liliana clapped her hands as she smiled. "Exactly. I was hoping it would have changed." Nick smiled as he was on the same page as her. He moved to sit on the bed but Jeremy stood in the doorway.

"We are having a meeting in the living room." Liliana rolled her eyes as Nick helped her up. Jeremy gave a small smile seeing him helping her up. Liliana sighed as she reached for Pete's ring.

"Who took my ring!" She yelled as she brushed past Jeremy and ran down the steps. Elena held her hand out quickly hearing her sister yell. "I'm sorry."

Liliana grabbed the ring and placed it on her finger. "It's fine. I would like to have known." Jeremy led everyone to the living room after she received the ring. "I'm sure you heard that you will be helping with the search."

Liliana moved her way to sit next to Nick who patted her back. "This is Marsten's doing, I know it. He must've heard Braxton running his mouth off in town."

Elena walked over and sat next to her sister. "And hung it on us." "Not us. On clay." Liliana twisted the ring on her finger as she looked toward Clay. "There's a very real possibility that Braxtons body is out there."

"Well doesn't that complicate things?" Liliana said which made Jeremy look over to her. "Mutts wouldn't leave him like to tell the truth." "Which is why we are allowing the police onto our property, and which is why we will help them look."

"If Braxton is here, this is the best chance for us to mitigate the situation when the body is found." Liliana shakes her head as she moves her hands to rest in her lap. "Why not stall them? Let me rip out there and see what's what."

"Not with Deputy Dipshit keeping watch." Liliana let out a little laugh at the nickname. "The police are going to get a search warrant for this house. And the last thing we need is anybody poking around in here. So we will help them."

She rolled her eyes as she watched Jeremy walkout. "No one is to search my room." Nick smiled at her as he patted her shoulder. "I don't think they want to." "I'm just saying."

As they all got up from their spots and found their way outside. She felt an arm around her shoulder as she stood next to Nick. "No way! No way!" She heard a hunter yelling as he pointed his finger.

"The Danvers family has offered to help with the search." "There is no way that he's going on this search." Liliana crossed her arms over her chest and moved an inch forward.

"This town's been through a lot, I'm just looking to help." "Why don't you help by making me not have to look at your face." She leaned over to Nick, "He does know we aren't children right."

"Stand down, everyone. We have a long day ahead of us." "Sheriff Morgan, Clay, and I have some family business that we could attend to inside. Clay?" Liliana patted her sister on the back as she looked down.

"Here's how we're going to run this. We have 100-acre plot of land to cover. We're going to fan out, we're going to match it in a grid formation. Keep the person on either side of you within site."

She felt Nick remove his arm and nudge her with his shoulder. "If Michael Braxton is out there, we will find him."