twenty-five

As they drove back to the house, she closely watched the man in the back

As they drove back to the house, she closely watched the man in the back. "You can stop staring," Nick whispers, making her roll her eyes.

She crossed her arms, leaning her head back against the rest. She tried to relax on the way back, but she couldn't.

As they pulled up to the house, Jeremy was standing on the porch. "You left without telling me." He scolded her but stopped as Nick helped Joey out.

"Not right now." She told him as he walked over to help Nick. She opened the front door, letting them pass her.

They got him into a chair in the kitchen then he began speaking, "There were voices, there were a few voices, one was talking about rabbits, one was mocking me about my dad."

She leaned on the wall beside the doorway, watching them handle the man. "Nicky, they never took the bag off me." He promised, but she crossed her arms.

"Nick, his pulse is all over the place. He must be dehydrated." Jeremy said before turning to her.

"Liliana, get him water while I get the medkit." She groaned before he left, and Nick stayed next to his friend.

She walked over to the fridge, grabbing a water bottle. "They crashed into our house, and they..." He trailed off as she then returned next to Nick with the bottle.

"They ripped his eyes out right in front of me, man! Screaming and begging them to stop." He says.

Nick opened the bottle and handed it to Joey, saying, "Drink up, buddy. Can you drink this?" She watched as he grabbed the bottle and drank from it.

She turned her head, noticing Jeremy hadn't returned. She left the kitchen to find him coming down the steps.

"Are we sure he's safe and not a trap?" She asked as Jeremy sighed, looking into her eyes. "Could you not start with your paranoia? Look at him. He is not a threat to us or you."

Lilliana's shoulders dropped as she nodded, "Don't call me paranoid when I just want us to be safe." She tells him, making his eyes soften.

She then made her way back into the kitchen. Jeremy was in tow behind her. "You gotta get these guys. Nicky, you gotta get these guys."

"I will, Joey, okay? Don't you worry." Nick tells him as Liliana stands behind Nick, where he is seated.

"We're going to get them." Joey looked behind Nick and up at her. She attempted to give him a soft smile, but he turned to Jeremy.

"Let's just focus on getting you better first." Jeremy says as he gets out the necessities.

Jeremy turned to her looking at her making her nod. She then left the room and hurried up into her bedroom.

She texted her sister to no answer. She thought about calling but didn't want to bother. "Why can't Clay have a phone."

She heard the groans of pain coming from the kitchen and laid on the bed.