twenty-three

"You're sticking with me

"You're sticking with me." She told Jeremy, who was holding his side. "Let's look over here." He told her as he walked up some steps.

As he opened the door, they turned, hearing some metal clank. They shared a look as he closed the door. They looked around to see if he was hiding.

"Shh." He whispered to her, holding a finger to his lips. She closed her eyes and soon heard some distant gunshots. "Elena!"

She hurried past Jeremy as the shots got closer. They turned to look down another corridor when Koenig jumped out. "Get to her!" Jeremy yelled at her as he fought with Koenig.

She rushed toward the gunshots and to her sister. Liliana saw a woman fall to the ground as she looked out the window. "Elena!" She heard someone yell.

She hurried down the hall to the yell and found Clay. "Where is she!" She demanded, making Clay nod to the door. She kicked the door open and looked for the man while Clay got Elena.

Elena wrapped her arms around her sister after hugging Clay. "Should I follow him?" She asked, looking her sister in the eyes.

"Save it for another day." They turned to see Jeremy still holding his side. "I can catch him," Liliana told him, but he shook his head.

"Let's get back. Then we'll see what we can do." He told them as she rolled her eyes. "I can get him. I'm faster than all of you combined."

Jeremy looked at her before sighing. "No. Let's go." He told her as the others started walking away. Liliana walked over to him, hitting his side, and making him fall over slightly.

"Give me the keys." She demanded, holding her hand out. He groaned as he handed them over. She took them and grabbed his arm, dragging him to the car.

During the drive home, neither of them spoke. As they drove up the driveway, Jeremy said, "I'm sorry. But revenge waits." Liliana sighed, nodding her head.

She got out of the car, as did Jeremy. "Take her to the kitchen," Jeremy told Clay, who was helping Elena. Liliana made her way up the steps and into her room.

"I can't take this anymore." She muttered to herself, kicking her bed. "Just think of when you get a hold of him," Nick told her, leaning against the doorway.

She turned to face him sitting on the bed. "I just think about if I could've stopped it." She told him, looking over to Pete's jacket. "You know you couldn't. None of us could."

"Yeah. Well, I'm going to kill that mutt."  Nick smiled at her before patting her shoulder. "We don't doubt you. Just get some rest. It's been a long day."

"Night." She told him as he leaned down, kissing her head, saying, "Goodnight." Liliana pulled her shoes off as Nick exited her room.

She stood and ran her fingers through her hair. She went to her closet and changed into her pajamas. "What could you possibly want now?"

"I wanted to apologize." Liliana's eyes widened as she turned to see Jeremy. "Can we-" "Let me finish," Jeremy told her, causing her to roll her eyes.

"I'm sorry for what I've done. And that I didn't let you catch him. I have never underestimated you, and I never will. I need you to understand..." Jeremy walked closer to her making her sigh.

"I know. I'll kill him on your call. But if it isn't soon..." Liliana told him, looking him in the eyes. "I will let you. But for now, try to be calm." Jeremy told her, putting his hands on her shoulders.

She waited for him to pull her in for a hug, but instead, he let go. "I'll see you in the morning. Get some rest." He told her, kissing her head.

She sighed as she watched him leave her room. She thought about following him but instead fell onto her bed.