fourteen

"We have a lot of ground to cover today people

"We have a lot of ground to cover today people. If you see anything, and I mean anything, give me a holler." Elena gave Liliana a little nudge as they began to walk.

Liliana took Nicks's arm into her hands as they did. "I'm going to keep my eye on you. Just in case you decide to tamper with any evidence you may find." Nick gives her a look telling her to not make a scene.

"I was thinking the same thing about you." Elena said causing Liliana to smile. "Let's get this done today, folks." Liliana had let go of Nick but stayed between him and her sister.

She sighed as she swatted a fly from her face before her sister took a call. She looked over but decided to respect her privacy and look forward. She kicked some leaves as put her hands in the pockets of her jacket.

"What?" Elena said which made her look at her sister. "I couldn't help but listen." "What did you hear?" Liliana then looked over to Nick.

"A man's voice, telling you he loves you. Does Clay know?" "Just Liliana, Logan, and Jeremy. And now you." Liliana smiled as she looked forward and looked at the mass of trees.

"Look, I left Stonehaven, Nick. I moved on." Liliana moved closer to her sister who gave a grateful smile. "You smell that? It's Braxton. He's dead."

"You sure?" Liliana trusted her sister because she couldn't smell things like that. "Positive. He's up ahead on our path. We have to throw a wrench in this or we're done."

"What are you thinking?" Liliana moved away from her sister and toward Nick. She didn't know the plan but she knew what to do. She glanced over to see her sister fall onto the ground causing Nick and her to run over.

"You okay?" "Yeah, I slipped on a root." Liliana put a hand on Nicks's back as they bent down. "Pick a fight." "Can you walk on it?"

"I should be able to make it home, yeah." Elena took Liliana's hand into hers as they walked away. Liliana turned around to see the guy throw a punch at Nick.

She and Elena ran until they ended up next to his corpse. "I should take up running." "I'm surprised you didn't." Liliana gave her sister a nudge as they walked up to it.

Liliana looked over to see Elena unbuttoning her shirt. "I'm gonna keep a lookout." Elena gave her a silent thanks as she walks over to where they came from.

She heard rustling and looked down at the ring on her finger. She turned once she heard silence and saw nothing. She stood there for a good minute before feeling a hand on her shoulder.

"Let's get back." Liliana nodded and put an arm around her sister's shoulder. They walked up to the house and saw a car. As they entered Liliana closed the door.

"Especially when she's concerned." She heard a voice speak from the living room. "Elena and Liliana. How lovely to see the both of you."

"Get to the point." "I was promised a fair trade. Information for pack status." Liliana rolled her eyes at the man and walked to the couch. "I want your protection." Liliana scoffed at the word protection.

"It isn't safe out there for a lone wolf anymore." "You're willing to risk retaliation to align with us." Liliana looked over to Nick who shook his head at her.

"Marsten and Cain are building an army. They've turned two psychopathic serial killers. To counter the one that you have. I was just being honest." Clay stood and inched forward toward Santos.

"It isn't you're strong suit." "Neither is bringing information, apparently." Liliana moved her hands into her pockets as she leaned onto the couch. "Well, that's what I'm trying to tell you: that everything they're doing is because of you, Clay."

"You've been in contact with Marsten?" "Grapevine. And what I hear is that for the two years that Elena was your sidekick." Liliana rolled her eyes at the statement.