sixteen

Liliana was sat on her bed looking out at the birds

Liliana was sat on her bed looking out at the birds. She smiled until she heard a soft knock on her door. She slipped on her shoes before walking over and opening the door.

"Why do you have bags?" She asked as she noticed Nick had a bag on his shoulder. "I have been sent to D.C." He told her putting his head down in mock sadness.

She slapped his arm before leaning on the door. "You'll be fine without me for a few days." Nick then put his hand on his chest before speaking, "I don't if I can."

She rolled her eyes before turning him with her hands on his shoulders. She walked them toward the stairs and he turned back around. "You don't love me."

Liliana smiled before nodding causing Nick to grab her into a hug. "I'll miss but I have Clay." Nick pulled back with a puzzled expression. "Last I checked you hated each other." "If I don't have Pete or you then I'm stuck with him."

"Well don't stay all cooped up. At least sit in the living room." "Aye aye captain." She said tipping her head toward him. He smiled before patting her shoulder and leaving down the steps.

She heard the door close and made her way back to her room and closed the door. She sat on her bed and rolled her eyes as her door opened. "Me and Clay just finished up. Would you like something to eat?"

Liliana jumped off the bed and motioned for him to lead the way. As they walked down the stairs she heard a knock at the door. "Go to the kitchen." She nodded to Jeremy went to the door.

She opened the fridge door and grabbed a bottle of water. She looked through and picked some grapes and strawberries. She turned and set them on the table then closed the fridge door.

As she opened the Strawberries she heard a thud. "Clayton!" She rushed out to see Clay had slammed a guy into the floor. Jeremy motioned for her to stay back.

She stood in the doorway of the living room with her arms crossed. "You want to challenge for Alpha,  and word is the pack's weak? You haven't thought this through. I'll give you one chance..."

"To make..." Clay landed a punch on the man as she moved her hand to her head. "The right decision." Jeremy moved his way back to the door as Clay lifted the man.

The man whined about his nose as they threw him out. "I see your face here again, I'll reunite you with your father." "I think he got the message." Jeremy said as he closed the door.

Liliana crossed her arms again as she walked toward the guys. "People must really want you dead." She says in a joking tone as Clay glares at her. She holds her hands up and walks back to the kitchen.

She made herself a bowl of yogurt with the strawberries and grapes. "Do you always have to joke at my demise?" Jeremy asks as he leans against the fridge as she closes it.

"What am I supposed to do? If I can't joke." She tells him as she picks up a strawberry. "I'm not going back to crying because of you. But, if you and Clay don't like my jokes bring Nick back."

She popped the strawberry in her mouth as Jeremy rolled his eyes. "He will be. Can we just be civil for this? If you want to ignore me and hate me wait until this is over."

"Fine. But I'm staying in my room until Nick gets back." Jeremy raised his hand and motioned for her to leave. Liliana grabbed her bowl before rolling her eyes at him. "You should laugh and smile. Maybe you wouldn't be difficult to be around."