twenty-four

Liliana stood as the door opened with Nick all cleaned up

Liliana stood as the door opened with Nick all cleaned up. "Do you feel any better?" Nick just gave a nod without talking. She watched him walk down the steps.

She grabbed the clothes he was previously wearing. She put them in the basket she had previously in her room. "I'm gonna have to go to the store." She said with a sigh as she looked at the bloody clothes.

She walked down the steps as Nick was walking to the door. "He in there?" She asked pointing to the living room. He nodded as he continued his walk.

"You always did stuff on your own." Jeremy looked up from his stitching. She held her hands out and he hesitantly handed her the needle. "I have steady hands. I'm not gonna kill ya."

Jeremy rolled his eyes as she sat next to him. "How about this." She told him as she finished up the stitch. "For as long as I am here. Don't do stuff on your own, not anymore at least."

Jeremy looked her in the eyes before down to the floor. "Promise me." Jeremy's lips upturned slightly as he looked up at her. "I promise. But if you get hurt I can't help you."

She smacked his side which made him groan. "Oh, I'm sorry did that hurt?" She feigned innocence as she smiled at him. "You are something else." She mocked a bow as she helped him to stand.

She walked out behind him to see the sheriff was at the door. As Jeremy and the sheriff walked past her and she looked at Nick. He seemed shocked and she wanted to know why.

She walked to him and placed her arm around his shoulders. "What's wrong?" She whispered to him as she lead him up the steps. "They found Braxtons body." Her eyes widened as she let him go.

"Oh shit. Wait, I guess that means Elena did what she was supposed to." "Yeah, but she may suspect it was Clay." Liliana looked at him with confusion written on her face.

She then realized that Braxton and Clay weren't on good terms. "It'll be fine. Jeremy will get us out of this. Always has." Liliana said as she leaned against the wall.

They waited a couple of minutes before walking back downstairs. "You want me to cook you something?" She asked him and he shook his head.

She opened the fridge once they reached the kitchen. She grabbed a grape from one of the vines. She popped it in her mouth before hearing the door close. Nick rushed into the living room as she did but slowly.

She wasn't in a rush for anything because everything was going well. "Stay here and I'll get the medkit." "You tore your stitches?" Jeremy slowly nodded at her as she smirked.

"I spent time on those." He groaned as he tried not to laugh. He took his phone out of his pocket and she watched for Nick.

She walked into the kitchen to see Nick still searching. "It should be in that cabinet." She told him pointing to the top one. Nick gave her a grateful smile as he opened the cabinet.

"Your senses are amazing." "Or he just never moves anything." She told him as they both returned to the living room. "Sit on the couch." She instructed Jeremy as Nick helped him.

He lifted his shirt and she removed the bandages. She saw that he had torn the stitches and groaned. "You have to be kidding." She started on another set of them.

"Stop groaning, you'll be fine." She wrapped it up and patted his arm. "Jack never moved as you do." Jeremy smiled at the thought. "Well, he never did hurt himself as I do."

Liliana bent down and kissed his head then looked at Nick. "I'm gonna put this back. Make sure he doesn't move. Or I will kill him." Nick smiled and watched Jeremy sit still.