Sleep is Key

TW: None

Grian decides that sleep isn't important and 'forgets' to do so. Mumbo steps in to help cause he's a decent and somewhat smart human.

Also the beginning has quite a lot of minecraft chatting mechanics and stuff.

In hindsight, Grian probably should've guessed that neglecting sleep wasn't a good idea. After 3 days of not sleeping, the short Hermit was now stuck on a pile of shulkers. His mind was fried but he couldn't fall asleep. Remembering that he still had his communicator, Grian pulled the device out and clicked on Mumbo's name.

<Grian> hwy mumno

<MumboJumbo> Grian? You alright?

<Grian> tired, come helf mwe

<MumboJumbo> You want me to come over

<Grian> yes please

After receiving the messages from Grian, Mumbo put on his elytra and grabbed a stack of rockets before heading outside. His base wasn't far from Grian's so he wasn't worried about time, he quickly took off into the sky and headed for his friend's base.

While flying, he felt his communicator go off again. Pulling the device from his pocket, he saw that Grian had messaged him again. 

<Grian> mumboooooo

<MumboJumbo> Yes Grian?

<Grian> come helf meeeee

<MumboJumbo> I'm nearly there you spoon

<Grian> huery upppppp

<MumboJumbo> Calm down, I'll be there in a sec

<Grian> yayyyyyy

Putting the communicator back into his pocket, Mumbo saw Grian's house coming up. He glided down and landed just outside the entrance, after unstrapping his elytra Mumbo stepped through the door.

"Grian?" he called out, he didn't get a response so he walked further into the house. Deciding that it would be best to just search for the younger Hermit, Mumbo started walking around the house.

As he was walking through the corridors, he felt his communicator go off once again. Sighing loudly he pulled it out of his pocket.

<Grian> where are yoi?

<MumboJumbo> I'm in your base, where are you?

<Grian> storarg room

<MumboJumbo> I'm not even going to ask, I'll be there in a sec

<Grian> okay thank youuuuuu

Chuckling quietly to himself, Mumbo made his way down the hallways. He soon found the door that had a sign saying "Storage Room" next to it, he pushed the door open slowly.

Upon stepping inside, Mumbo saw how much of a mess the room was in. Somehow it seemed to be worse than what it had been before, there were shulkers scattered everywhere. In the middle of the room, Mumbo saw a rather large pile of the boxes.

"Grian?" he called his friend's name again, there was a small sound of someone shuffling around before a voice came from the pile.

"Hiiiii Mumbooo..!" Grian called out, it was then that Mumbo realised that Grian was lying on top of the pile of shulkers, he huffed as he made his way over to the shorter Hermit.

"Care to explain why you're lying on these shulker boxes?" he asked, Grian yawned loudly before giving his response, "Got tired.. n' 'ust collapsed here..." his voice was slurred and laced with exhaustion.

Making sure to be careful of the boxes, Mumbo managed to lift Grian up and got him down from the pile. When he put his friend on the ground, Grian swayed dangerously on his feet which caused Mumbo to pull him against his chest for support.

"How did you even get this tired?" he asked, "Forgot to sleep.." Grian mumbled.

The smaller Hermit yawned and his body leaned heavily against Mumbo, the raven haired man simply sighed.

"Well, you need to go to bed." he told him, Grian made a small whining sound, "Don't wanna!" he whined, "Well you gotta so let's go." Mumbo retorted.

When Grian made no attempt to move, Mumbo huffed and scooped him into his arms, the smaller male cried out in surprise and wrapped his arms around his friend's neck. Grian shot a weak glare at the taller man which made Mumbo laugh.

Being careful of the shulker boxes, Mumbo managed to get to the door and exited the room with Grian in his arms, the short male had his head resting against the older man's chest.

"So, how long has it been since you last slept?" Mumbo asked casually, Grian thought for a moment, "Dunno, 'bout 3 days.." he replied, Mumbo's eyes went wide.

"Jesus Grian! You can't neglect sleeping for that long!" he scolded, the dirty blonde simply yawned and relaxed further against his friend. Mumbo sighed knowingly as he walked down the hallway towards his friend's room.

"Mumbooooooo!" Grian mused, Mumbo looked down at his friend and saw that he was grinning, "What you smirking about you spoon?" the raven haired man quizzed. Grian shrugged and let his head fall against Mumbo's chest again.

They soon reached the bedroom and Mumbo pushed the door open with his hip, by the time they got in the room, Grian was practically asleep in his friend's arms. As he walked into the room, he felt Grian shift in his arms.

"Mmmmm... was' goin' on?" he slurred, Mumbo walked over to the messy bed and placed Grian onto it gently, "You're going to sleep is what's going on." he mused, the shorter Hermit yawned and cuddled up against his pillow.

Satisfied with his work, Mumbo turned and went to leave Grian to rest. He was stopped by a weak pull on his arm, "Don't go.." he heard Grian plead, sighing quietly the taller Hermit returned to the side of the bed and sat down next to his friend.

Grian looked up at Mumbo and huffed in annoyance, he grabbed his friend and pulled him down so that he was lying next to him, "Grian what-" Mumbo started, "Shhhhh, sleep." Grian said. Mumbo went to get up but was stopped by a sudden weight lying on him.

It took him a moment to realise that Grian had moved himself so that he was resting on Mumbo's chest. Sighing in defeat, the raven haired male started running a hand through Grian's hair as the younger man slept. After a while, he found himself drifting off to sleep.

So that's the end of the chapter, hope you all liked it! I'm still quite new with the Hermitcraft characters so I'll probably only use Mumbo and Grian for now. Cya all next time, adios!