A Father We Never Had

TW: Breakdown

Scott, Dream and Tubbo have never really known what its like to have a father figure around them since they lost their own dad when they were young. Sam decides to step in and tries to fill that role.

(In my au Sam is 35!)

For as long as they could remember, the Griffin brothers had never had a father figure in their life. Although Dream and Tubbo were too young to remember what'd happened to their father, Scott remembered every detail of the break-in.

Since they'd be ripped of the chance to have that kind of support, Scott had tried his best to fill that role as well as being the oldest brother. However, doing this often lead to severe stress. The three of them saw Philza as a semi father figure, but they knew that he had his own kids so that never really worked.

However, around 3 years ago they were introduced to one of Phil's friends called Sam. At first, Scott had been wary around the older man, but it didn't take long for him to get used to the creeper hybrid.

When Phil had told Sam about the Griffin brothers and what they'd gone through, he instantly had the urge to protect the unfortunate trio. Once Phil had introduced them all to each other Sam had noticed how wary Scott was around him. The other two seemed fully trusting though.

Sam had soon made his way into the trio's lives and Scott had even given him the spare room that was in the house. It was then that the creeper hybrid started to pick up on the unique traits each of the siblings had.

Tubbo always seemed to want to be near either him or Scott, Sam guessed that he was afraid of losing his family.

Dream was a lot less clingy, though he didn't like others touching his mask at all unless given permission.

Scott however, was a whole different story. The male always had to have something to do, if he didn't then he would either fidget with his hands or would just get worked up. Sam also noticed how little the man slept, he was clearly tired and the dark bags under his eyes proved this. The hybrid got the impression that Scott wanted a lot of physical affection, but he rarely asked for any.

{~!~} {~!~} {~!~}

After lying in bed for a couple of hours, Sam decided that he probably wasn't going to be getting any sleep anytime soon. Grabbing his phone from the bedside table, he checked the time, it was 3:30 am.

Sighing heavily, the hybrid got out of his bed and opened his door. Making sure to keep his movements quiet, he walked through the hallway and down the stairs. He wanted to get a drink from the kitchen so he slowly made his way to said room.

He halted when he saw light coming from under the kitchen door, he knew that he'd turned all the lights off before going to bed. He slowly walked to the door and opened it silently, instead of seeing a dangerous person, he was met with a tired looking Scott.

Allowing his body to relax, he made his way over to the boy, "Scott, what are you doing up?" he asked softly, the male flinched at his voice and looked over to him, his eyes were red and puffy which told Sam he'd been crying.

"Sorry, just couldn't sleep..." Scott mumbled, Sam sighed and walked closer to the male, "I'll go back to be-" he was interrupted by Sam pulling him into a strong hug, the hybrid felt the younger male shake slightly, it wasn't long before Scott started to silently cry into the man's chest.

"Scott, please tell me what's bothering you. I want to help." Sam urged the young man, that seemed to tip Scott over the edge.

"I just- I just want to k-keep them safe, but I don't know h-how and everything keeps p-piling up and getting worse and worse! I want to help them but I can't keep doing it anymore! Everything is so s-stressful and I don't know how to h-handle it!" the teal-haired man sobbed, Sam held onto him tighter and brushed a hand through his hair.

"I understand that you want to be there for them Scott, but if you keep overworking yourself then you'll end up sick." he told him, Scott sobbed again and held onto Sam's shirt tightly, he hushed the distressed man quietly and waited for the sobbing to die down.

After what felt like hours, Scott's sobbing finally quieted down. Sam felt Scott practically collapse against him as his strength quickly withered away from the exertion of crying. Sighing softly, Sam wrapped his arms around the boy and pulled him into another hug.

"You'll be okay, Scott." He assured the male, he heard Scott yawn against his chest before going practically limp in his arms. Chuckling slightly, the creeper hybrid scooped the man into his arms and carefully made his way towards the stairs.

Once he reached the stairs, Sam started to slowly climb them while keeping a firm grip on the sleeping male. With a bit of difficulty, Sam managed to get up to the top. As he walked towards Scott's bedroom, he felt the man curl up against his chest, he smiled.

Somehow, Scott's breakdown hadn't woken the other 2 siblings, it was probably better that way. Sam pushed the door open with his foot and walked over to Scott's bed, it looked messy but still comfortable.

After prying himself out of Scott's grip, Sam rested the man down onto the bed and gently pulled the covers over his body. He smiled fondly when Scott snuggled up to the duvet, he stood watching the man for a bit before turning to leave.

"Goodnight, Scott," he whispered, he hesitated before adding to his previous statement, "I love you." He added, he could've sworn he saw Scott smile as he left.

Alright that's the end of the chapter, hope you enjoyed! I wanted to add a father figure into the Griffin brothers' lives so Sam has been chosen! Cya all next time, adios!