Chapter 9~

"Jung-min's  men got our men. "

"What?" Jungkook asked furious, sitting up in bed.
Vinny and Salvo were low ranking and knew what they had signed up for, but a hit on Jungkook men, that would not slide.

"Snagged em both at the casino. Julia came out of the bathroom and saw nothing but a messed up hotel room. "

"Fûck!" Jungkook groaned pinching the bridge of his nose. Y/n was unsure of what she was supposed to do in this situation, so she decided to kiss him once between the shoulder blades and get up to give them some privacy.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook asked grabbing Y/n's wrist.Y/n looked back at him startled.

"I, I-i was just going to leave. G-give you guys your privacy." She mumbled at first before finding some strength in her voice.

"That's a women. Go get you hair done. " Taehyung said gruffly.

"Al, watch it. " Jungkook warned pulling her back down. "Do not speak to her in that way, she is not one of your floozies. She's mine. "

Taehyung said yes boss but rolled his eyes. He knew Jungkook was too attached.

"I'll let you two talk-" Jungkook cut her off, "no, stay. I trust you."

The two stood from the bed, and followed Taehyung to the door.

"We need to make funeral arrangements"

"Somebody get on that"

"Yes boss. We've got it. "

"I need to know how this happened. Now"

"Why the he11 were they even at that hotel?"

"Gambling."

"I didn't sign off on that, who did?"

"I did. " Jungkook's father announced. "They were running an errand for me..."

"You're pushing it old man. " Jungkook grunted, pulling Y/n into his chest. Jungkook didn't know exactly what was going on with his father but he was sure he was up to something.

Why would he send them out to a rival families casino alone? It didn't make sense. He had to have know that it would end badly. But Jungkook didn't have time to worry about his father's schemes.

He had a funeral to plan and families to reach out. He also had a woman to take care of and a business to run so dealing with his father would have to wait.

Soohyun scowled. "The hell is there a woman in the conference room? She shouldn't be here. What's gotten into you son? "

"She's my woman."

Y/n was perfectly fine with just exsiting, but Jungkook held her close.

" A woman nonetheless. Only good for one thing. And by the looks of it she hasn't even given that up."

Jungkook stood to his full height. "Don't talk about things you know nothing about old man. You are my father but you no longer run this show. I do. Know your place"

There was tension in the room. Everyone stood silent unsure of what would happen next but somehow everything seemed to deescalate and the men got down to business once again.

After over an hour of deliberation Y/n's brain was fried. Jesus, mob bosses have it rough she thought. She went straight to her bedroom after that. She just needed to sleep it off she though as he curled into a ball and hid herself in the covers.

That depression that she thought she had escaped seemed to be coming back. She was worried all the time mostly about Jungkook. But also about herself.

Like what would happen to her if he didn't come back? It was selfish to even think like that but she realized that in the time she spent with him she became quiet dependent on him. She had never really been dependent on anyone before.

She turned from a head strong young woman into nothing more than an eating sleeping house pet and she wanted to get herself back to normal.

She began reading again and taking care of her health. She did anything she could to keep her mind busy. After all she was locked in that hotel room all day alone while Jungkook was out.

And if she stopped thinking about other things for just one second she would begin missing him. It was getting pathetic they had only known each other for about a year at this point and yet it seem as though she no longer knew a life without him and he no longer could live in a world where he didn't come home to her every night. The two had weakened each other but they also made themselves stronger.

Jungkook would do anything for Y/n and that made him an even stronger leader than he was before because he knew that at the end of the day he had to make it him to be back with her.

And she went from a girl who had nobody to a girl who finally felt love. And though her loving arrangement had gotten her down, at least she had somebody to hold her at night and tell her everything would be alright.