Chapter 3 - "Home Away from Home"

"W-What?! Report me?!" Neptune questioned with a dazed look on her face.

"As much as a lot of things about you seem to click into place nicely with your explanation, I'm sure that you can understand that for us, it's not really all that believable." Theresa replied with a serious expression, with no trace of her prior "cute" personality being visible on her face.

"The only theoretical way for you to potentially cross into our world would be through the Sea of Quanta, and due to its nature, we would've detected a fluctuation as soon as you arrived."

There was a bit of a pause as Neptune was at a loss for words. Being extremely low on shares meant that she can't transform into HDD – so just simply proving herself to be a Goddess was already out of the question.

"This isn't even mentioning that the Sea of Quanta is incredibly vast, so the chances of you even ending up here to begin with is already pretty low.

Neptune doesn't say a single word, as both speakers continued to stare at one another closely, both carefully observing the other just in case one starts a fight.

"Your silence speaks volumes. I'll give you a chance to prove that you're a Goddess, though." Theresa stated slowly as she squinted at Neptune, slowly standing up from her chair.

Neptune then slowly staggered backwards with a shocked expression, already getting ready to summon her wooden sword.

"I don't have enough Shares to transform, though! This debate is extremely one-sided! And if I didn't know who sent me here, I would've called cheat!"

Theresa then pauses.

"Shares?"

"Yeah! Shares, the faith of my people!"

Now it was Theresa's turn to go silent.

"Principal. If I may share something." A monotone voice called out from the side.

"Yes?" Theresa acknowledges as she maintains eye contact with Neptune.

"The Bronya has been observing Subject Neptune since she arrived, and Project Bunny has not detected any trace of Honkai Energy residing within her body."

Theresa then finally breaks eye contact with Neptune as she relaxes herself a little bit, with it even being notable in her facial expression.

"Is that so...?" Theresa mutters to herself as she slowly sits back down in her chair.

Neptune then breathes out an audible sigh of relief as she looks over to Bronya with sparkles in her eyes.

"Woohoo! MVP Alloy_Bron to the rescue!"

Bronya simply glances toward her whilst giving her a short, small smile.

Theresa then rests her fist on her face as she thinks everything over from the top, with Bronya's information added in.

"You said that Shares are the faith of your people, can I assume by that info that you need a specific level of Shares to transform?"

Neptune nodded whilst giving a "Hmm, Hmm!" sound as a sign of acknowledgment.

"Then that's fine... But something still isn't adding up."

"Eh?" Neptune muttered, tilting her head to the side with a puzzled expression.

"If you claim to be from another world, how are you still feeling these 'Shares'? You aren't in the same world as your people anymore."

This immediately alerted Neptune as her puzzled expression immediately shifted to a face of realisation.