Chapter 5 - "Showtime!"

Fanfic(dot)net Review Responses

Hey everyone!

No Nepstation broadcast today, but before we jump onto Chapter 5, I'd like to quickly respond to a few reviews, like I usually do. 😊

Here's one from ptl. He's made a lot of comments, so I'd like to break them down:

· "I am also of the opinion that uniforms have battlesuit technology in them as well as other seemingly normal-looking (or stylish) clothes that we've seen Valkyries wear in combat apart from mecha latex bodysuits and armour."

That is definitely the case with some of them. For instance, Divine Prayer Kiana's battlesuit is noted to have been made using Honkai-resistant materials and ergo has superior defences to normal uniforms, but this doesn't apply to what all the Valkyries (& Nep) are wearing in the last chapter.

Valkyrie Ranger Kiana's battlesuit details, which you can find on her dorm chibi, state that the clothes she's wearing is more for casual use and is outright stated to have "poor defensive capabilities", and you can see all the Valkyries use this suit (with slight variations) for the Valkyrie Trials in one of the mangas – which is what they're all wearing in Chapter 4.

· "By the way, how high is a CPU's Honkai Adaptability?"

Seeing as there's very little information on how Honkai Adaptability is determined outside of genetics, I decided to take matters into my own hands and make Honkai Energy comparable with Neptunia's Negative Energy (from Neptunia VII).

Seeing how the Honkai is a force that is determined to destroy humanity, and evolves with humanity's technology, I'd say it's rather fitting if we said that, for the sake of this story, Honkai Energy contains negative traces in it, since it's mostly been used for that purpose.

So, just like Negative Energy in Neptunia, Neptune's Honkai Adaptability will, unlike any character in Honkai, actually vary depending on the amount of Share Energy she has.

Currently, she is at a very low level of shares, so her Honkai Adaptability is pretty low. It can (and will) improve if she gathers more shares, though! 😉

· "Which year is this happening? It must've between 2014 and 2016 in Honkaiverse, when the protagonist trio studied in St. Freya."

2016, a little while before Chapter 2 of the game begins. The Valkyrie Trials that happened in 2014 (as you can see in one of the mangas) is the main inspiration for all the Valkyries wearing the Valkyrie Ranger uniforms again, as well as mainly wearing them for the upcoming exam (which is the exact same exam that everyone was preparing for in the game's Chapter 2).

· "One final question, will there be an omake or story where the Gamindustri CPUs meet Teyvat's Archons? They have a lot in common and Genshin Impact is also part of the Imaginary Tree/Sea of Quanta."

I haven't played too much of Genshin in order to properly make one of those, so no.

However, alongside some Nepstation broadcasts that'll be scattered around the story, I do plan to write little omakes involving Neptune & other Honkai characters she's met in a few silly situations, most likely between long stretches of chapters.

A certain male character may also make an appearance... :)

Next up, SilentHeroX's review!

"This fanfic is very interesting to me because Neptune might see the stuff that this cast would soon experience. It going to be really interesting to me to Neptune responding to these stuff."