Chapter 6 - "Who Wants To Be A Millionep?"

Fanfiction[dot]net Review Responses

Welcome back!

Like usual – let's get to the responses, but before I do... Hoooooo boy...

I should've known that bringing up power-scaling would cause most of you to lose your minds and zero in on that lol

Alright, let's go through them all one at a time ^^:

Wkrish57: "Welp...I can't imagine her Battlesuit and change of voice...imagine Himeko's surprise then"

;)

end5: "That was a good story. Goodluck with the rest of it."

Aw, thanks! I'll try my best! 😊

"Power level tips": "In a nutshell I say don't worry about power levels because of the fact Neptune has lvl mechanics. I would say lvl 1 nep would get stomped and lvl max nep just wins. So pick a balanced lvl and you can have the excuse of Neptune lazing about enough that her lvls dropped to that point. If this was after an adventure, neptune would have high lvls allowing for a strong character. Gotta love neptune just existing causing headaches."

I'm kinda throwing Nep's Universal+ feats out of the window for this fic and just making this version of Neptune overall slightly relative to the main Honkai cast members, whilst not taking away that she's the strongest (as she would be when actually scaling her accurately). This fic is mainly just for fun after all lol

Reinhard van Astrea: "This story is up my alley. Keep up the good"

Hehe, glad that I'm able to satisfy you :)

BlitzNeutral69: "Love the chap! Can't wait for more! And god I can't wait to see her transform and see their reaction to said transformation!"

Thanks! And don't you worry, it'll happen eventually ;)

Kurogems1208:

"THAT THING IS MADE OUT OF WOOD!" Kiana, you block rapid-fire machine bullets with a baseball bat (in later chapters)."

As you said, she did it in later chapters. She hasn't tried doing any of that yet :)

"About 'this Neptune in this timeline' being weaker than her canon self: Just a bit to remind you that this is Ultradimension-time Neptune, not Megadimension-time Neptune."

I was trying to say, originally, that the Neptune in this fic is far weaker than she is in the actual canon games (that being Re;Birth 3/Victory Neptune), in order to make the fic more interesting and fair.

"Honkai threats are much more severe than common monsters in Neptunia-verse (I'm not counting the bosses here)."

Not really – considering that even fodder Neptunia monsters like Dogoos can survive multiple hits from the Neptunia cast (whom are absolutely ridiculous power-wise) before going down, whilst common fodder Honkai beasts are around Building level or so.

"Also, Nep can transform into a fighting jet. How are you planning to explain that? Just an idea for your story."

I appreciate the idea – but this is debatable. I've actually argued in the past (and still believe) that she can't do that in-canon. Whilst it's a cool attack animation, there have been way too many instances in the series where Nep could've transformed into a jet to make specific situations easier, but yet doesn't for some reason – and it creates plot holes. The only Nep that has shown being actually capable of transforming into a jet in-canon is Superdimension Neptune (OG PS3/Re;Birth 1 Neptune).