4. you deserve this Win, and so much more

At the end of the month, Luke asks Win out.

Well, that's how Win's friends interpret Luke's message that says if you're free, let's have dinner somewhere. The bottom line being, just the two of us.

Now, Luke never said the d- word and Win didn't dare to ask but Bright, like his friends is convinced it's nothing short of a date which is why Win has dragged Bright to his dorm, pleading him to tell what the fuck is he supposed to do on the dinner because eating food is not what you do on dates, right?

Bright facepalms.

"How do I look?" Win asks timidly.

Fong speaks from his bed, "You look hideous but I think that's good. We'll know if he likes you for real."

Bright laughs as Win throws a bottle towards Fong's bed. Fong doesn't budge and keeps reading.

He looks at Bright for confirmation. He always does because Bright has a way to say the right things and he'd never lie to Win and Win trusts him more than he's found himself trusting anybody, ever.

"You look good. Just enjoy yourself."

"Enjoy myself???" Win slurs, "what the hell is that supposed to mean? That's what I'm asking you how? You know me so well phi. What is it about me that you don't like? I might not want to behave that way tonight- "

Bright covers Win's mouth and pushes him to sit on the bed before dragging a chair to sit on. He also may or may not have sat so close that their knees brush but Win is too anxious to notice.

"I don't like that you don't see how wonderfully unique you are. May be you should work on it."

Win's lips curl in a flustered smile and he hits Bright's knees playfully.

"I'll work on it, if you say so. What else?"

Bright juts his lips out, thinking hard.

"Hmm..try not to sulk if he tries to take food from your plate. Definitely don't slap his hand away."

"That was one time phi Baii" Win shrieks in defence, earning a giggle from Bright.

"Okay no sulking over food" Win says, "what else?"

"Talk about things that you love."

"Talk about things that I love..okay. what else?"

Bright adds reluctantly, "Notice his body language. If he makes advances that come within your comfort range, may be you can go with it. But do communicate."

"Communicate" Win repeats, "what else?"

Bright stays quiet, eyes still on Win who raises his brows, suddenly baffled by how the other person is looking at him.

Why does he look so sad?

"Phi Baii?" Win asks, "are you tired? You look so down."

On listening to Win, Fong looks at Bright and after a moment, clears his throat.

"I'm gonna go out for a while. Have to take a call. All the best Win for the date. Bye."

Win barely nods , his eyes still locked with Bright's until Bright looks down at his feet, sighing softly.

"Let him hold your hand if you want. And if he kisses you, it's even better. Luke's a great guy and the way he talks about you to us, I think he really likes you. And you like him too. This is perfect. This is.."

Awful. Terrible. Achingly unfair.

"Phi I think you're not feeling well" Win says worriedly, "if you want I can postpone the date. Let's eat together. Or may be you can crash here if you want. Just tell me what's wrong?"