7. come cheer for me?

Win jingles the key inside the lock carefully, not wanting to warn Bright and strolls inside the apartment gingerly.

"Phi Baii?" Win softly calls out from the hall and switches the light on. Bright had been in his apartment all day without responding to any calls. His friends reassured Win that this is what he prefers, nobody disturbing him while he's down. But Win says he won't disturb him. He'd just see him once and come back, for his own sake.

He finds Bright in his bed, drunk and feverish.

"Win?" He slurs, getting up from the bed but stumbling as he gets a head rush. Win runs to him, catching him by his waist.

"I got you" he says slowly, "come sit. Don't move."

Bright lies down, his eyes red and barely open. Win settles him in his bed before bringing mildly cold water to wipe Bright's body.

"What are you doing?" Bright says, "I'm fine. You should go Win."

"I want to stay with you, is that okay?" Win asks gently.

Bright nods eagerly. Win smiles. He unbuttons Bright's shirt and wipes his upper body with water soaked cloth.

He recalls the last time he saw this scintillating view of one yard of his sinous body and blood reaches to his ears. He surely has stepped up his game now, considering now he can even touch it.

And god knows he wants to.

But Win knows better than to take advantage of his phi Baii who is looking at him in a way that screams take all advantage you want.

"I'll bring a shirt, wait here" Win says, getting up but Bright wraps his searing fingers around his wrist and Win bounces back on the bed. His big surprised eyes trace the other boy's hand that is holding his own. Bright puts Win's hand on his chest, letting him feel the turbulence Win is causing inside him.

Bright's heart is wild and loud and to learn that this is how Win makes him feel is a feeling beyond words. Win sees the raw vulnerability in Bright's eyes which are looking into his shy ones.

"Why don't you see me Win?" Bright mumbles, apparently too drunk to realise, "why am I not the one you like?"

Win's heart breaks a little to see Bright like this and to think that this is vaguely how Bright must have felt all this time when Win was stuck to his stupid fling for Luke, too naive to recognise Bright's feelings and his own. Bright seems to have fallen asleep with Win's hand pressed lightly to his mouth. Win carefully pulls his hand back and wipes the corner of Bright's moist eyes. His lips curl in a watery smile as he leans down, softly kissing Bright's warm forehead.

"You're the one I love phi Baii. You're all I can see now."

...

Win stays the night at Bright's apartment, practising his words of confession that he's about to deliver the first thing in the morning. He decides Bright will wake up to Win's grand and hopefully, much awaited admission of his love. He stands in front of the mirror in living room, bracing himself for his own big romantic moment.

Win flees from Bright's apartment at the first break of the dawn, long before Bright wakes up.

He feels shy, that's all he can explain himself. So he made his grand exit after making sure Bright's temperature is normal again.

Bright wakes up to the fresh fragrance of pancakes and maple syrup and in a reflex, he runs to the kitchen even though his head spins as his feet touch the cold floor.

"Win?"

"Hey phi Baii" Boss says, smiling, "isn't this how he calls your name? Or should I add more suger to it?"