9

Vaguely described cut warning

The two of you had been walking along the long dirt path for a few hours. The sun was beginning to slip down the sky. You were still smiling from your dance at Rhodes.

The golden guard walked next to you, scanning the map before he stopped. "We should be here." You stopped next to him and looked to your right.

There was semi-thick shrubbery, you watched as the golden guard walked from the path and toward the trees, pushing bushes out of the way for you two to walk through. The golden guard let go of a branch he was holding before you could walk past it, the branch swept back and hit you right on the forehead. You stumbled forward, bumping into him. You rubbed your forehead with a frown, and began to open your eyes. "Than-"

A calm river swirled softly, small stones lay still, acting as a bank to the river. An island sat in the middle of the river and on the other side of the bank a large sandstone cliff with jagged rocks sticking out from it, roots of trees extended over the cliff, meeting with the Boston ivy the grew up it from the lush green grass at the bottom of the cliff. An old wooden shack, most likely used for fishing a long time ago connected to a ruined dock. The sight was beautiful. Although the body of water didn't look like a creek, it was quite larger.

"Oh wow!" you immediately lightened up, forgetting about your forehead. The golden guard dropped your satchel and his staff on the ground, then pulled the sleeping bags off your shoulders. His smile at your shock was hidden by his mask.

You walked forward toward the bank, and dropped to your knees, dropping your hands into the water causing ripples to sway in the water. You dropped your head down to your hands, splashing some water onto your face.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself." You heard the golden guards voice from behind you, his footsteps got closer to where you kneeled and he dropped down next to you. "I am." You smiled at him, picking yourself up. "This is the first time in days i've also been able to wash my face." You chuckled, which he also shared.

You stared down at your reflections in the water, the golden guard didn't seem to be doing the same. Although it looked as if he was looking at you. An idea popped into your mind before you thought that through.

"Hey, look at that, in the water!" You shouted, fake excited. "Hm?" the golden guard dropped his gaze to look towards the water. "There's nothing there." He spoke confused. "Well you cant see it from that far away." You rolled your eyes with a laugh. He leaned in forward, closer to the water. As soon as his face, or mask, was close enough to the water, you scooped your hands under the tide and splashed water up at golden guards mask. Water splashed into the eye-hole of the mask, as he quickly tried to retract his head from the water. He failed at that, and water completely soaked him.

"Hey! Now that's just not cool!" He laughed, plunging water back at you. You got up off your knees and kicked water him, getting your shoes wet aswell as his cloak. He got up aswell, scooping water and throwing it at you. You laughed and ran from him as he kicked water in your direction.

The two of you kept at your water fight, until you both nearly fell in the water. You laughed as you grabbed onto his arm to hold you up from how dizzy you were, he laughed as well, pulling you toward where your sleeping bags were set up. You slumped to the ground wiping your forehead of water. The golden guard squeezed water out of his cloak as he looked down at you. "Let's find some stuff to build a fire, yeah?, we need to get our clothes dry now." He shook his head, hiding a smile behind his mask. "Yeah, I'll go look in that shack, maybe it has some wood." The golden guard nodded before walking off into the trees.

You stood up, walking toward the shack that was a little ways away from where you would be staying for the night.

The steps creaked under your feet from age as you stepped up onto the veranda of the shack. You pushed the door open, it also let out an eerie screech causing you to get uncomfortable.