19

Your eyes blinked sleep away as you awoke from your slumber, You let your eyes adjust to the room, the fire was slowly dying in the fireplace.

You heard a mumble from below you and looked down, as soon as you realised what was happening your face went red. You were next to, well really more on the golden guard, head nuzzled under his with a hand on resting on his chest, the other hand around his shoulder. His arms where not around you, they rested at either side of his body, showing you had initiated this. There was a blanket slung around you two.

Embarrassment ran rampant in your mind as you began to push off him. You slowly pushed yourself up, trying to see if he was awake which was difficult due to his mask. As soon as you were propped up you felt his arms slowly wrap around you and pull you back down. He had obviously done it in a tired haze. "Mmm... too tired..." He mumbled into your head. Your face only went red as your brain went fuzzy.

"Goldie, we should probably get up, we want to get out of this forest quickly don't we?" You chuckled in embarrassment. It went quiet, he must've fallen asleep again. You used that as your opportunity to push off him and stray to the other side of the couch. "Ugh, Y/N, come back.." He dragged his words out, reaching to try to find up. "You're acting drunk." You huffed out, kicking the blanket off you, you stood up and stretched. You heard him mumble more before he most likely fell asleep again.

"Well, what's going on here?" You heard mama otie's raspy voice from one of the doorways. She yawned with a slight break in her voice, before stumbling over to the stove on one of counters, lugging a clay pot onto it and grabbing coffee beans from a nearby plant. "The golden guard doesn't seem to want to wake up." You stretched your neck, side to side and slid into the rocking chair. "Hmm, yes he was up late last night, later then when you fell back asleep." Her movement around the room was slow and sloppy. "How do you know?" You asked with a hum. "He was up talking, most likely something to you. It was inaudible through the walls, so unfortunately I cannot tell you what he was saying." She laughed.

You hummed in response, leaning back into the chair. The shack had an overwhelming feeling of peace and calm, yet you knew you'd have to venture out into the midst of no where as soon as the golden guard woke up. Your eyes drifted to where the bags were, sat neatly together. The wild magic book sat in your satchel your own wooden staff hanging onto it. Your gaze on the bag must've caught mama otie's attention.

"What's in the bag, dear?" She asked pouring water into the clay pot. "Just a book I was supposed to use for my studies." You answered keeping your gaze on it. "What are you studying?" She responded giving you a glance over her shoulder. "Wild-Magic, more specifically healing." You let your gaze drop away from the bag and to the sleeping figure of the golden guard. She hummed in response, one that told you it was fitting to your personality or something else. You couldn't really tell.

You watched as she walked toward the fire, carrying the pot with her, She threw another log into the pit and propped the pot up on a metal tray above the fire.

"That suits you well." She responded, moving the tray around before she walked back towards the counter. "How so?" you asked following her with your gaze. She stayed silent surveying her next words. "The blood will support your choice of wild-magic." She responded, slowly. You let her words travel through your mind. Blood? What does she mean by blood? As if she read your mind she responded to the questions you asked in your mind. "You will discover what the blood is when it is your time to." She wiped the counter down.

You narrowed your eyes in confusion, but decided you didn't want to press forward, as you knew you would receive nothing from the old woman.

"Mmf " You heard the familiar groan of the golden guard in front of you on the couch. "Well good morning." You smiled over at him. He blinked his eyes from tiredness, as you decided not to tell him what he did not long ago. "What time is it." He grumbled, he is not a morning person. "7am." Mama otie responded casually, like she knew he was going to ask that question. He groaned audibly and sat up, stretching his arms.

You watched as the muscles on his arms tightened and the ones on his neck loosened as he rolled it. "We should get a move on, Y/N, we aren't far from the end of the forest I don't think." He stood up. "But it's not like I would know." He stalked over to the fire and grabbed his white cloak which was now free of mud, and dry.

Mama otie stayed silent, you could tell something was on her mind. The womens antics where very peculiar and interesting. She always seemed to know what you would say next and what you were thinking, maybe that was her old aged wisdom.

You stood from the rocking chair and kneeled to the floor so you could slip your shoes on. "Thank you so much, Mama otie, for letting us stay here for the night." You smiled up at her. The golden guard was buttoning his cloak around him. "Of course Y/N, and... company." You laughed at the way she acknowledged the golden guard. He only scoffed and went to shrug your satchel over his arm. "Your house is very nice, and wonderfully decorated. Your studies are one of the most interesting pieces I have ever read." You smiled as the golden guard swung the sleeping bags on your shoulders. "You're flattering me." She cackled, you only smiled brightly.

You walked towards the door you had timidly opened the other day. "I hope our paths cross again soon, Y/N." She spoke down, the snake slithering onto her shoulders. "Aswell as you mama otie!" You responded as the golden guard flung the door open.

"Stay safe you two." You waved as you left her shack into the green open air above the muddy marsh. The golden guard threw a wave to mama otie, over your head before he shut the door.

"Ready to get out of here?" He asked stepping down the first few stairs.

"Yep."