34

You immediately got onto your feet. "Sorry Sir." You said, forgetting to put on a voice so he wouldn't recognise you. He froze after hearing you voice but got straight to the point of why he had you stay.

"Do you think it's funny to laugh at you superiors?" He asked with a snarl, you felt uncomfortable under his anger. "No Sir." You spoke again. He was obviously very uncomfortable by hearing you talk.

"I did not order to you speak." He growled angrily. "If you are disrespectful to a superior one more time, you'll be kicked out of the coven." He stood over you. "You read the guard book to get in here, you read rule 67, repeat it to me!" He shouted, "now!"

You froze, you had no clue what rule 67 was. You stayed silent, panic coursing through your body as you thought hard on what you would say, and he stood quietly getting angrier with every second of silence.

"... Do not disrespect your... superior." You stated slowly, hopefully you would get away with it. "The fine print?" He growled and you froze, you had no clue of what it was.

You fiddled with the cloak and stayed silent, breathing heavily under the mask.

"You aren't..." The golden guard stopped, "you aren't a guard aren't you?" He caught on oh no. Your mouth was glued shut and you were shaking lightly.

You took a step away, the only thing you could push yourself to do, put he grabbed your arm and pushed you onto a wall.

He grabbed your mask, and you didn't fight him, he un-clipped it and it fell from your face, revealing yourself to him.

He froze, "Y/N?" He said in a mix of anger, hate and sadness. Your eyes flicked up to his mask and you locked eyes with him through it. Tears began to well in your eyes, you've been caught, he'd throw you in a re-enforced cell and there's no way you'd be able to break out again, and who knows what the emperor would do you.

You both stayed silent as tears rolled down your cheeks, you couldn't wipe the away because of the grip on your arms, you looked anywhere but him, you were so scared.

He lifted a hand to your cheek and wiped away the tears, "please, I cant stand to see you cry." He whispered to you, which made more tears fall from your eyes.

"I'm sorry." You cried out to him, "I- please don't make me stay here." You didn't lean into his touch, you didn't want to trust him knowing what he could do to you.

He stayed silent and wrapped his arms around you, he clearly didn't want to respond to your plead, as he was relying on you staying here for his own safety.

You cried into his chest, all your feelings that had bottled up finally popped. You gave in to the feeling and wrapped your arms around his shoulders.

You stayed silent like this, arms wrapped around each other, for awhile, being in his arms felt safe, secure, like you were home, and although he would betray you, you gave in.

"I'm sorry." He whispered to you, "It's so... complicated for me too." He sighed, head on yours. He tightened his grip around you, and rocked back on forth as you cried into you his cloak. "I'm sorry that I... lashed out at you Hunter." He sighed, "It's not your fault Y/N..."

"Yes it is!" You shouted and shushed you down, calming you down, "I should've tried to listen, to understand you..." you cried and just held you close, "I should've done the same." He mumbled.

Hunter seemed lost in thought for a moment, opening his mouth to talk, but shutting it, a few times before finally speaking. "Did you... did you mean it?" He asked in a hushed tone. His question confused you, you needed more context. "What?" You asked, looking up at him. "Did you mean it..." he stopped for a moment before continuing, "did you mean it when you said that someone whose never been loved can never love?" He asked sadly, and you froze.

He obviously knew the underlying meaning to that question, he obviously knew how deeply in love with him you were.

You sighed, "Hunter..-" he cut you off again in a moment of confidence. "Because I- If what I'm feeling for you isn't love then I don't know what it is." He sighed.

You froze, did he just say he loved you? Did he really feel the same way you did?

"What.." you spoke, shocked. "I love you Y/N," he sighed, "I know I'm horrible to you, and that you'd rather be with a toad then me, but-"

You grabbed his mask and un-clipped it, it clashed onto the ground, you grabbed the hood of his cloak and pulled him down to you, "Just.. shut up." You said before pressing your lips to his passionately and desperately.

Hunters eyes widened but he quickly shut them and pressed back into the kiss. He pushed you back onto the wall, his hands on either side of your head. You pushed his hood off his head and you tangled your hands in his hair, feeling the smooth silky feeling of it between you fingers, you'd wanted to reach out and run your fingers through his hair since the moment you saw it for the first time.

You both pulled away for air, and you looked up into his eyes. His eyes were lidded, lips were puffy and he looked down at you longingly, and you were sure you looked the exact seem. You'd both been waiting for this for so long, through holding hands, gentle touches, and affirming words.

In the midst of your kiss you realised the scar on his right cheek was still not closed yet, and would probably stay like that for a long time, but it was charming.

"I love you- I love you too Hunter." You said breathlessly. He leaned back down and caught you back In another kiss, and you pressed back into it.

You could get used to this.