22

It was dark now, fireflies flew around you and the golden guards body as you slowly put him down on his sleeping bag. You had carried him to where your camp was, and waited to heal him until you were back. You had already dealt with your own injuries.

You looked down at him, he seemed so smaller then he usually was, you frowned at the scene. You knew you needed to help him, and had to use your healing magic to stop the injury from getting worse, much to the golden guards displeasure. You knew he'd be upset when he gained his consciousness.

You'd been studying wild magic since you were a child, and thankfully healing deep wounds is not as difficult as other healing spells are. You placed a hand onto his upper arms wound, and drew a circle around it, closing the wound, then another circle above it, repairing skin. The only evidence of there being an injury was a light pink scar on his pale skin. You rubbed a hand over it, the skin was still soft and new.

You moved to the next scar on his chest. Following the same procedure you did with the other wound.

You finally looked up to his mask, the dribble of blood still oozed from under it. You sighed and looked away. You didn't want to step boundaries so you turned away and decided to get the fire started.

You stacked the logs you had collected earlier and surrounded them by rocks that lined the shore. You grabbed flint from your bag and another rock and striked it a few times. Sparks flew before the fire rose, lighting up the area and creating a warm feeling.

You slouched back onto your own sleeping bag, looking up toward the dark sky, dabbled with white specs. Your mind returned to your new self discovery.

What did titan blood really mean? Are you something important? Will you have to change the course your life is taking? Will you have to run from the emperor forever? How did he know you had titans blood? And why you? Why, you were just a simple person, you just wanted a simple life and now you're left contemplating the true meaning of it.

You sighed and pushed the thoughts away, like you usually do, to all your mistakes and problems, but this was now something that will linger around you forever.

Your mind didn't wander more until you head the stirring of the golden guard. You turned your gaze to him as he moved his head slightly to look at you through his mask. "Y/N?" He asked.

You smiled down lightly at him, as he picked up his head and examined his surroundings. He took a hand up to his forehead, where the dent in his mask was, and rubbed it a few times. "Do you remember what happened?" You quizzed, sitting up. "Yeah." He said breathlessly before pushing his head back down onto his pillow "I'm so tired." He mumbled.

It stayed silent for a few seconds. "And my face hurts, really bad." He whined. "You had two other bad wounds, but I healed them, with my wild magic, I hope you don't mind." You stated, and watched him as he felt his upper arm and chest at the scars and stayed silent. You knew he hates wild magic, but you really helped him in the long run. "I didn't want to heal the one on your face, because I don't know how you would feel about me taking off your mask." You added turning your gaze back to the glowing fire.

He stayed silent, looking up at you, his body language, which is how you usually read his emotions, revealed nothing to you. "Could you- " he paused in his sentence, rethinking it. "Could you heal it?" He asked.

You felt your eyebrows raise, and you returned your attention to him. "If you want me to." You spoke. He nodded and began to lift a hand up the the golden mask. You slid yourself across the ground, over to him. You watched him tuck his gloved fingers underneath the mask and slowly push it off.

You felt your face turn red and as you looked down at him. You never imagined to him to be so... beautiful... he had dark, thick eyebrows, and a slightly hooked nose. Pink lips that looked so soft, and his eyes, his eyes they were a velvety shade of magenta, they sparkled in the crackling fire and met your gaze. You must've been staring for to long as he coughed to grab you entire.

Your face flushed with embarrassment, "right." You said meekly and took a look at his cheek. A scratch was planted on his right cheek, slowly oozing red blood. You hesitantly lifted a hand to his face and drew a circle around it, and then another repairing the skin. The scar that was left matched his complexion almost fittingly.

You kept your gaze down at him, you never wanted to look away. And he seemingly didn't want to either. You stayed like that for a few moments, mapping his face with your eyes. You noticed that at a closer look he had light freckles that can't be really seen, and had bags under his eyes from his lack of sleep.

"Thank you." He finally said, breaking the tension in the air. You slid yourself back to your sleeping bag. "My pleasure." You responded. He didn't grab his mask and put it back on, much to your surprise.

He began to dig through your bag and found the meat he had bought. He grabbed a stick and stabbed a sliver of it, before doing the same to another stick and passing it to you. Your fingers lingered over his as he passed you the stick.

"Did you get hurt?" He asked, pushing the meat into the fire. You remember back to the discovery of the blood. "No." You stated bluntly before adding "Just a few scratches here and there." He nodded, finishing the exchange there. You knew the air was tension filled now after your staring, but you didn't regret it, maybe he could tell you were lying, straight to his face, about not getting hurt.

You felt him push himself up next to you and grab your hand, intertwining your fingers. The touch of his fingers and sight of his only face, slightly tinted pink, or maybe that was the fire, set butterflies free in your stomach. He rubbed his thumb on yours before piping up.

"Thank you, Y/N."
"Anything... to help."