Sneak peak of For the first time in forever

(A/N: You're probably gonna hate this... but it ends happy I promise)
Her voice echoed in my mind and her fearful face never left my eyes... her last words to me before I fled, echoing in my mind.
She looked so scared.
"Loki..." she had whispered in fear.
"Elsa!!!" I called out into the wind, trying to find my way to her in this blizzard...still searching for her in desperation, I had to find her... to apologize for everything I had done...
And for everything that ever came after.
I heard an evil laugh, and I turned and gasped in shock as I stared up at Thanos in horror.
"Give up Loki! There's nowhere to go now! You can't run from this!" He said, "you can't escape your fate forever!"
Even in my true form he was taller than I was,
"Just... don't touch Elsa... do whatever you must to me... but don't touch her." I pleaded, about to give myself up to protect the others... to protect her.
"You honestly thought she was still out there somehow Prince Charming? How sweet..." he said sarcastically.
My eyes narrowed,
"What's that supposed to mean?" I challenged, raising my two daggers, preparing now to fight for my life.
My death was inevitable... but I would NOT go down without a fight.
"You really have no idea do you lover boy... you literally froze her heart."
No...
No it couldn't be.
"No! You're wrong! And even if I did she'd have come straight to me, because I'm the only one who could save her! I could reverse it!"
He shook his head,
"Oh your poor frost princess... It was too much power on too small a person...she didn't make it, it overtook her too fast... it was actually pretty pathetic...
I saw her as I passed the window in that little cottage as I was trying to find you... she was shaking and crying with her little sister as she shivered in her arms, terrified of you after what you did! And then her hair turned white, eyes turned completely blue and glassy.
The girl tried to save her any way she could...but her skin turned to solid ice right in front of her eyes!
She froze into a statue before she could find you.
And so now your beautiful precious snow queen is dead...
Because of you."
"No..." I whispered,
I dropped to my knees, looking at my hands in hatred... and the wind and blizzard whipping around me immediately stopped, my breath heaving as I kneeled in defeat, letting the misery finally take over, loathing myself...
It was cruel irony...
It was like time itself stood still.
If I had known...
She had frozen right after I left...
It was over just that quickly...
And I didn't even know.
I could have saved her.
I closed my eyes, not even caring what happened to me now...
I was a monster.
I deserved whatever was coming for me.
I didn't even care when I heard him unsheathe a sword from its holster.
"Just... end it..." I muttered, "they'll survive... they'll be better off without me anyways."
I could hear him chuckle menacingly above me,
Just end my endless cycle of heartbreak, pain and suffering...
And death.
Then everybody would be better off.
"NO!!!!" A voice cried out in horror,
there was a whoosh, and a clang, and a shattering of metal, and a whisp of air, and then complete deafening silence,
I opened my eyes and looked up in confusion and fear for my love's little sister, thinking the voice was Anna, and was horrified at what I saw,
It was so much worse.
My worst fears come to life.
"ELSA!!!!" I cried, standing up and staring at the sickening "statue" of solid ice that stood before me,
And to my shock and disgust it looked exactly how he had described it.
Thanos lay on the icy ground, knocked out from the impact of the blast, a trail of ice showing the path he had been thrown.
"No." I whispered, leaning down to look her in her beautiful eyes, hoping that maybe it was a horrible sick twisted nightmare.
"Please Elsa... please! Baby look at me please! Stay with me!!!" I whispered, touching her shoulder, trying in vain to find a pulse somewhere... a sign of some sort that she was still hanging on so I could remove the curse... thinking maybe there was a chance that somehow she wasn't completely gone yet... that I could bring her back.
But nothing happened,
"Elsa!" I sobbed, collapsing to the ground beside her,
I just sat there crying at her feet quietly, looking at the shattered long sword before me that he had been about to cut off my head with...
And now I wish he had.
Because even then... she only had enough life left in her to stop it...
She knew it was the only way...
And she saved my life...
With the last breath of hers.
I couldn't save her.
In a moment of fear and weakness I had fled, thinking I could save her from myself...
But in the end it just took her from me anyways, like I always knew it would...
I closed my eyes in defeat, letting the darkness swallow me up.
Then I felt a gentle stroke on my cheek, wiping away a single tear, and a gentle voice whispered in my ear.
"Ohhh Loki... I believe you forgot something when you left in such a hurry..."
I saw a tiny hand appear in my peripheral, a tiny little rag doll in it...
The one Elsa had given me when we were children.
I blinked,
No.
I looked up in confusion and happy tears flooded my face as I saw the girl of my dreams staring down at me smiling sweetly,
"Elsa!" I cried out,
"Oh Loki... I'm so sorry..." she murmured, snuggling up against me, then I laughed, twirling her around playfully, and for the first time in my almost limitless existence... I felt pure joy.
"You're crazy! You literally were at death's door and you still... you still..."
She giggled,
"Of course Loki... I love you."
Then it hit me,
Of course...
The other way of reversing it... when all else failed.
Norns I was an idiot.
I never told her that way to remove the curse... because I didn't think it would come to that...
That she didn't love me like I loved her.
She looked at me as I held her about a foot away from me, just admiring her,
"What?" She said, confused,
"You found a loophole...
And you lied to me...
And I actually believed it...
I'm impressed." I said with a smirk, and she giggled as I took her into my arms once more, kissing her passionately.