Into the Unknown: a sneak peek of for the first time in forever

(Elsa's POV)

I grimaced as the haunting melody penetrated my subconscious startling me from my sleep again...
For the fifth time this week.
Luckily my fiancé Loki still lay asleep beside me, and Anna lay at the foot of the bed, probably came in to check on me in the middle of the night like she did every night, bless her, and fell asleep, I leaned over and kissed Loki's head, then Anna's, then quietly sat up listening to the noise that seemed too real to be all in my head.
I had to be losing my mind.

"I can hear you... but I won't..." I whispered as I pushed myself up from the bed, "some look for trouble... while others don't...there's a thousand reasons I should go about my day... and ignore your whispers that I wish would go away!!!" I hissed as I crept out the door into the hall to look out the window, like I did every night when this happened.
"Oh oh...
You're not a voice
You're just a ringing in my ear..." I pleaded with myself.
Don't do this...
Don't do this... they need you here...
Especially Anna...
And Loki.
They were all I had now.

"And if I heard you, which I don't," I hissed defiantly, "I'm spoken for I fear.
EVERYONE I'VE EVER LOVED IS HERE WITHIN THESE WALLS!!!!" I pleaded with the echoing voice, crying out in distress, Looking at the portrait of me, Anna, Kristoff, Sven, Olaf, Thor... And Loki. I gently stroked the velvet painting, touching Loki's beautiful soft raven-feather hair.
"I'm sorry secret siren but I'm blocking out your call!!!"
I sank to my knees, wondering if I was truly going insane... I was talking to my delusions now. Worse still the euphoric sensation the song gave me was growing.
"I've had my adventure, I don't need something new!
I'm afraid of what I'm risking if I follow you!!!"

Despite myself I raced down the stairs to the front doors and threw them open and ran into the darkness blindly.

"Into the unknown!!
Into the unknown!!!
Into the unknown!!!!!"

I could see the muted light of the dawn come over the mountains but all I cared about now was what the sound was...
It sounded...
Like my mother.
I knew it was foolish...
My mother had been dead for years... if she and papa were alive they'd have come back by now I was sure of it...
Still I kept going up the mountain.

"What do you want?!? 'Cause you've been keeping me awake
Are you here to distract me so I make a big mistake?
Or are you someone out there who's a little bit like me?
Who knows deep down I'm not where I'm meant to be?
Every day's a little harder as I feel the power grow
Don't you know there's part of me that longs to go
Into the unknown?
Into the unknown!
Into the unknown!
Whoa"
I saw the old dilapidated ice castle in the distance... the familiarity of it stopping me for a moment, then I marched past it further into the mountain forest.
"Are you out there?
Do you know me?
Can you feel me?
Can you show me?
ooh"
I was startled when the voice started to echo my own,
"(Ah) ooh
(Ah) ooh
(Ah) ooh
(Ah) ooh
(Ah) ooh"
I could see a glowing light in the distance...
Was it the source? Was it my mama's spirit trying to tell me something?
But then it darted away. I chased it in a panicked frenzy.
"Where are you going?!? Don't leave me alone!!!
How do I follow you?!?"
I chased it to a hilltop and stopped as it flew into the sky exploding in a display of fireworks.
I reached for it longingly, but it was no use it was too far away. Tears welled up in my eyes.

"Into the unknown?!?"

I sank to the ground and started crying.

For a long moment I sat there sobbing then I happened to look up and gasped.

Ice crystals sat suspended in thin air.
I stood up and looked at the clusters...

"Air... Water... Earth...Fire..." I murmured, looking at the little shapes on them.
I took one into my hands and gasped as the image of a young brown haired girl, hair wild, playing in a gust of wind... I didn't recognize her at first... And a blonde young boy. In arendellian uniform... Then a gust of wind came, and the image was gone.
Then it hit me.

"Mama...? Papa...?" I whispered, reaching for another, hoping to get more answers.
Then I heard the rumbling of the earth beneath me.

"Oh no." I gasped
Arendelle...
I had awoken the spirits in the forest from the stories papa told us about as children...
And they were angry.

And they weren't good like the spirit that kept calling me, whoever she was...
They were coming for Arendelle.